Assembly Session Intern Program
Online applications now being accepted! To access the application, please Click here
Applications will be accepted from Monday, September 7-Friday, October 16.
Please note, students are required to complete the UUNI 392 Application Coversheet before submitting all required application materials.
The Assembly Session intern is assigned research and administrative responsibilities in an Assembly office. The academic component includes a five-day orientation, and each student must enroll in one of the courses offered. The Assembly faculty provides supervision and research advisement and monitors interns' progress throughout the semester.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- University at Albany matriculated undergraduate students
- Junior standing (at least 56 credits) at the start of the internship
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Students from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- A personal statement
- A resume
- Official transcripts of all college/university courses completed and/or in progress.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals who have directly observed the applicant (in school or at work) and can give evaluation in one or more of the following areas: character, research skills, familiarity with public policy issues, understanding of the governmental process, and ability to learn in a work setting. At least one should come from a University at Albany faculty member.
- A concise academic writing sample which provides a clear indication of the student's research and communication abilities
Students selected for this internship will earn 15 academic credits, and receive a stipend of $6,600 over the course of the internship (paid bi-weekly)
If you missed the Information Session or Application Workshop, check out this FAQ.
You can also join the CURCE Blackboard Community Page to view the recordings & post in the discussion!
Join the CURCE Blackboard Community Page. To Enroll:
Log into your UAlbany Blackboard Account
In the upper right-hand corner, click "Community"
Find the "Organization Search" function, and search for "CURCE"
Hover over our "Organization ID" labeled "NS-2020-Undergrad-Ed-Curce" and click "Enroll"
Please direct any inquires regarding the Assembly Session Internship (UUNI 392) to Casey Kohler in the Office of Undergraduate Education via email at [email protected]
For more information about the State Assembly, please click on the link below or click here.