Below you will find the links to forms and applications that are central to the services that this office provides. As of Spring 2020, all forms and applications are online and our office will no longer accept paper forms.
If you have questions regarding the forms and/or information requested/required for submission, please feel free to call or stop in to Taconic 233 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, so that we may personally address any questions or concerns that you may have. (Summer hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.). You may also address inquiries to [email protected]
Absence Accommodation Request
- We are asking students to work directly with their instructors for absence accommodations for the foreseeable future.
- Please use this form to raise any academic related questions or voice concerns due to the impact of COVID-19.
- Complete this form if you are transferring to another institution and need a letter from the University at Albany sent to your transfer institution. Please note, we are obligated to report any academic or disciplinary sanctions you might have at the University at Albany. Students must provide the form(s) to be sent, and an email address or fax number for the transfer institution. NOTE: faxes may not go through. We encourage you to provide a direct email account for communication. If you wish to have the letter sent to the transfer institution via postal mail, you must bring an addressed and stamped envelope to Lecture Center 30
- Complete this form to request the ability to take courses for UAlbany degree completion at another institution. More specific information regarding eligibility and the process can be found on this website: click here
- Complete this form if you are senior student (credits completed plus credits in progress equal to or exceeding 88) that needs to complete a 100-level course to complete a General Education, Major, or Minor requirement.
- Complete this form to request an exception to the course withdrawal deadline. Students must submit one form for each course. Instructor of the course must also complete a portion of the form.
- If you wish to withdraw from all University at Albany coursework, please complete the Withdrawal form.
- Complete this form to request an exception to the S/U deadline for a course enrollment. Instructor must also complete a portion of the form.
- Complete this form to request an exception to the Graduation with Honors Policy. In order to graduate with Honors (cum laude, etc.) students must have completed a minimum of 56 credits at the University at Albany, including a minimum of 40 credits that are graded A-E. Please note, the GPA requirement of 3.25 or higher is not waived under any circumstances.
- Complete this form to request a review of your proficiency in a foreign language to waive the SUNY General Education Foreign Language requirement. You may be required to meet with a faculty member to vet your proficiency the language.
- Complete this form for each course you wish to be reviewed to meet a General Education requirement. Students may request that a University at Albany course be used to meet a requirement, or request that a transfer course be used to meet a requirement. All inquiries about the status of a petition should be addressed to [email protected].
- Complete this form to request a waiver of credits towards the residence requirement in your major and/or minor. Department/School that offers the major or minor will be required to submit a recommendation.
- Complete this form to request readmission to the University. More specific information regarding eligibility and the process can be found on this website: click here
- Complete this form to report a grade change for an updated academic standing. This form is not used for requesting a grade change.
- For this petition to be considered during the Spring, Summer or Fall semesters/term, students are expected to demonstrate a record of taking 18 credits or more (A-E grading) with semester grade point averages of 3.00 or higher for more than one semester. In addition, if your cumulative grade point average is below 3.00, this petition will only be considered when there are extenuating circumstances. Your advisor is required to submit a portion of this form to provided an endorsement of your request.
- Complete this form to request a waiver to the requirement of completing a minimum of 30 of your last 60 credits at the University at Albany.
- Complete this form to request inclusion on the Dean’s List or Dean’s Letter of Commendation for Part-Time Study following a grade change or incomplete grade change. Students must meet all other requirements of the Dean’s List or Dean’s Letter of Commendation for Part-Time Study.
- Complete this application and proposal through the Interdisciplinary Studies Committee of the Undergraduate Academic Council to propose an interdisciplinary major that will meet your educational goals that are not attainable within an existing major. For more information about this application process and proposal requirements, please visit this website, click here.
- Complete this application and proposal through the Interdisciplinary Studies Committee of the Undergraduate Academic Council to propose an interdisciplinary minor that includes course work from at least two different departments, programs, or schools. Fir more information about this application process and the proposal requirements, please visit this website, click here
- If you officially withdraw from the University or reduce the number of credits for which you’re registered by dropping a course without swapping it with another, you may be entitled to an adjustment of charges or a refund of payments you have already made. Please be aware that academic deadlines (the last day to drop a class without receiving a W) and refund deadlines (the last to drop a class and receive a full tuition refund) are not the same. Students who drop classes after the refund deadline will need to seek an exception to the SUNY refund policy. Refunds can only be approved if you appeal within one year of the end of the last academic term for which you paid tuition.
- To learn more about credit option for internships at the University at Albany, visit the Center for Experiential Education. You'll find information about the NYS Assembly and NYS Senate Internships, Applied Learning Internships (1-3 credits), and University-wide internships (1-15 credits)
- Complete this form to withdraw from the University at Albany and all current or future coursework. For more information about the Withdrawal process and information that may assist you, please click here
- Students may apply for readmission to the University at Albany after withdrawing. For more information about the Readmission process, please click here
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Information
- Transfer Credit Appeals
- Undergraduate Education Home
- Academic Progression and Success
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Recovery Program
- Academic Standing
- Dean's List
- Degree in Absentia / Leave of Approved Study
- General Education
- Honors Medallions
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Undergraduate Readmission
- Student Forms
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)
- Undergraduate Withdrawals
- For Faculty
- Undergraduate Bulletin