Academic Progression and Success
The Office of Academic Progression and Success is dedicated to fostering quality engagement between students and campus resources. Our support programs are designed to connect students to resources that will enhance the undergraduate academic experience and empower students to persist with confidence.
- Karen McNeill (Assistant Dean)
- Barbara Brown (Coordinator for Student Retention and Persistence/Academic Completion Coach)
- Anna Karlsson (Assistant to the Dean)
- Raven Scott (Academic Completion Coach)
- Danielle Vassi (Academic Completion Coach)
- Azeeza Saafir (Graduate Assistant)
- Haley Scott (Graduate Assistant)
- Withdrawal and Readmission
- Leave of Approved Studies and Degree in Absentia
- Committee on Academic Standing (CAS)
- Academic Recovery Program (ARP)
- Peer Assisted Student Success Mentoring Program (PASS)
- Academic Success Coaching (coming soon)
- Academic Advocacy and Case Management Support Services
- Supplemental Instruction (UUNI 150 Courses) and Student Success Workshop Series
- Student Initiated Interdisciplinary Studies Major/Minor
Withdrawal and Readmission
- Withdrawal: We know students interrupt their studies for many different — and often very personal — reasons. That’s why we are committed to making your transition as smooth as possible.
- Readmission: Once a you’re a Great Dane, you’re always a Great Dane! Whether it has been a few semesters or a few years, we are here to help ensure a smooth transition to the University at Albany.
Leave of Approved Studies and Degree in Absentia
- A leave of approved study is granted for only one semester. This allows students to pursue coursework elsewhere.
- Formerly matriculated undergraduate students who have almost completed their degree but cannot return to UAlbany to finish the remaining requirements may apply for permission to finish their degree in absentia.
Committee on Academic Standing
- The Committee on Academic Standing reviews student appeals including exception to course withdrawal deadlines, dismissals appeals, and other exceptions to the academic policies.
- In collaboration with the School of Social Welfare, our MSW Interns provide one-on-one support through case management services to help ARP students overcome barriers. Our goal for fall 2022 is to increase the number of MSW Interns we work with and open case management support services to all our students.
- Committee on Academic Standing
Academic Recovery Program and Supplemental Instruction (UUNI 150 Courses)
- The Academic Recovery Program provides personalized and collaborative academic support to students that are facing academic difficulties and are in probationary academic standing.
- In continuing to build our support programs, we are now offering academic skill courses. These courses are aimed to equip students with the skills needed to succeed academically. Our goal is to enhance students’ academic confidence, motivation, and goal-setting skills.
Peer Assisted Student Success Mentoring Program (PASS)
- The PASS Mentoring program matches students with a junior/senior student mentor that will provide support with emphasis on academics and student engagement.
- PASS Mentor Request Form
Academic Success Coaching
- Academic Coaches work with students who are seeking individualized academic assistance.
- Academic Coaches collaborate with academic departments to ensure students are equipped with the sills and resources they need to be successful in class.
- Academic Coaching Request Form
Student Initiated Interdisciplinary Studies Major/Minor
- The Student Initiated Interdisciplinary Studies Major/Minor option is available for students who wish to pursue a major that blends complementary disciplines to encourage new avenues of academic investigation.
- Student Initiated Major Form
- Student Initiated Minor Form
- Undergraduate Education Home
- Academic Progression and Success
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Recovery Program
- Academic Standing
- Dean's List
- Degree in Absentia / Leave of Approved Study
- General Education
- Honors Medallions
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Undergraduate Readmission
- Student Forms
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)
- Undergraduate Withdrawals
- For Faculty
- Undergraduate Bulletin