Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Program
TAG is a special program through the University at Albany that guarantees admission to students who are part of the program while at HVCC and earn a minimum GPA of 3.0. Students who sign up to be part of the TAG program will meet with academic and financial advisors from both institutions. Based on their academic goals, mapped pathways have been setup that will link their HVCC Associate Degree to a UAlbany Bachelor’s degree. If students take all the courses on their map in the order the maps articulate, they should be able to graduate with both their Associates and Bachelor’s degrees in 4 years. Upon earning their Associate degree, if they are earning a minimum GPA of 3.0 and are in good standing with their campus judicial system, their application fee to UAlbany will be waived and they will be guaranteed admission to UAlbany.
In addition to the admission guarantee, TAG offers several support structures as benefits to being part of the program and we are always working on more ways to assist students in this program. Current benefits are:
- Meetings with Academic Advisors at both HVCC and UA.
- Meetings with Financial Aid Advisors at both HVCC and UA.
- Invitation to UA Visit days on the UAlbany campus throughout their time as a student at HVCC.
- Connections to UAlbany staff and faculty while students at HVCC and planning to come to UAlbany.
- Invitation by UAlbany departments to alumni and job talks while students at HVCC.
- Access to Albany Events while a student at HVCC.
- Peer mentor programs through the Transfer Student Services at UAlbany.
Students in TAG start at HVCC.
- Undergraduate Education Home
- Academic Progression and Success
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Recovery Program
- Academic Standing
- Dean's List
- Degree in Absentia / Leave of Approved Study
- General Education
- Honors Medallions
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Undergraduate Readmission
- Student Forms
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)
- Undergraduate Withdrawals
- For Faculty
- Undergraduate Bulletin