../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/img-7.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-1.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-3.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-6.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-8.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-9.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-11.jpg;


Federal Grants

New York State Grants and Scholarships

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is a campus-based* federal grant.  Undergraduate students receiving this type of assistance must have exceptional financial need.  Students generally receive FSEOG in amounts ranging from $200 to $500 in the academic year the FSEOG is received.  While some students may have the need for FSEOG, the lack of availability of funds may prevent them from receiving FSEOG assistance. As the funds are limited, priority will be given to our highest need students (0 EFC as determined by the FAFSA) and those who meet the priority filing deadlines (December 1 for new admits and January 1 for our continuing students).

* Federally limited aid programs administered by the Office of Financial Aid are called Campus-based aid programs. The federal government determines the amount of money the Office of Financial Aid can award to students.   When all the funds are exhausted, awarding of this aid program stops. 

New York State EOP Book and Grant

EOP is much more than an awards to be received. EOP is a program that delivers services which empower students to complete their educational and professional goals. As part of the services, monetary awards are provided to qualified students.

The EOP Grant and EOP Book are state grants only awarded to eligible EOP participants.

EOP Grant is applied directly to the EOP students semester charges.

Book money is given to the EOP students for the first four semesters in the EOP program.  EOP Book funds are distributed by check at the beginning of the term.

The number of terms a transfer EOP student received EOP Book at a prior school will be counted against the four semester limit at UAlbany.

EOP students who apply are late applying for financial aid will receive their book funds later in the term. EOP students are encouraged to complete their financial aid application before the term starts. If the students receive a late financial aid award then they may not have a book check available with the first group of EOP checks.

New York State Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)

The Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) program provides tuition assistance to undergraduate New York State residents matriculated in a degree program and enrolled between three to eleven credits per semester in courses applicable to the student's program of study.

To qualify, dependent students must have a New York State taxable family income less than $50,550. Independent students must have a New York State taxable family income less than $34,250.

Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) award amounts are determined by the Office of Financial Aid and cannot exceed tuition charges.

New York State Aid to Native Americans

Applicants must be a member or the child of a member of one of the Native American Tribes in New York State, be a State resident attending an institution within the State, and have graduated from high school or earned a General Equivalency Diploma. The award is up to $2000 per year for up to four years of full-time study (five years for specific programs requiring five years to complete degree requirements). Students registered for less than full-time study will receive approximately $85 for each credit hour.

Applications and additional information about this program are available from the Native American Education Unit, New York State Education Department, Albany, New York 12234.

Federal Bureau of Indian Affairs to Native Americans Higher Education Assistance Program

Eligibility is restricted to students with financial need who are pursuing a four-year degree, are at least one-fourth American Indian, Eskimo, or Aleut and are enrolled members of a tribe, band or group recognized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs Office. Application must be made each year. Additionally, first-time applicants must obtain tribal certification from the appropriate bureau, agency or tribal office which records enrollment for the tribe.