../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/img-7.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-1.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-3.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-6.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-8.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-9.jpg; ../templates_2009/images/random_pagetops/pic-11.jpg;

Accepting Awards

Most financial aid awards require an acceptance decision by the aid recipient before the aid can be processed further.

Accept Offered Aid Through MyUAlbany

UAlbany students accept, reduce and decline their financial aid awards online through MyUAlbany

Students can change the amount of an award initially accepted or request the reinstatement of a declined award by contacting the Student Financial Center. Reinstatement of Campus Based Federal Aid (Federal Work Study, Federal Perkins) will depend on availability of funding.  Reinstated award offers require acceptance through MyUAlbany.

Award Requirements

Students who applied for financial aid and have not received a financial aid award should check for the following:

  • Did you file the FAFSA for the correct aid year?
  • Did you list the UAlbany federal school code 002835 on your FAFSA application?
  • Did the Financial Aid Office send you an email or letter requesting information after you filed your FAFSA?
  • Do you have "To-Do" Items listed under Important Notices on MyUAlbany?
  • Did you send requested information back to the Financial Aid Office?
  • If your FAFSA was "rejected", did you do what you needed to fix it?
  • Have you registered/pre-registered for 6 or more credits?
  • Are you matriculated in a degree program?
  • Do you have an Albany.edu email address listed on MyUAlbany?
  • Does your email spam filter block email messages from Albany.edu?
  • Do you have the correct permanent address listed for yourself on MyUAlbany?
  • Did you receive a letter regarding "Satisfactory Academic Progress"?

Please be sure to check your MyUAlbany Important Items after you accept your financial aid award.