Human Resources

Student Employment

Student Employment

Student Employment Opportunities

All currently registered students can view job postings and apply on-line through MyUAlbany under Campus Life.  Follow the link under Campus Employment to Student Assistant jobs (Non Federal Work-Study).  You must be registered and have a STUDENT email address to access the site.  Students who have accepted Federal Work-study awards should go to Finances on MyUAlbany.  Links to other employers on campus are provided below:

Student Check Distribution

Paychecks and stubs for Student Assistants and Work-study students are available at the Payroll Office in UAB 300.  ID is required.  Students can enroll in direct deposit.  Direct deposit stubs not picked up after two pay periods will be destroyed.  For any questions or concerns regarding payroll matters, please contact 437-3830.  Our fax is 437-3831.  Regular Office Hours:  8:30am–5:00pm, Summer Hours: 8:00am-4:00pm.

Pay Schedules and Time Sheets


Time Sheet Submission

Time sheets must be signed by a supervisor and must be submitted to the Payroll Office by the due date on the pay schedule.  A time sheet drop box is located in Campus Center G-26 (Student Financial Services Suite).

New Hires

Before you can begin working for the first time, an I-9 form (Employment Eligibility Verification) must be completed and on file with Human Resources.  Time sheets will not be processed without an I-9.  The form must be certified in person with original documents.  The acceptable original documents you may present are listed on the back of the form (see page 4 of the I-9 PDF).  International students on F-1 or J-1 visas, working for the first time at the University, or who have a status change, must have their I-9 certified in the Payroll Office. 

Tax Forms

If no tax forms are filed, the default withholding of Single/0 will be used.  Returning students do not need to file new tax forms unless changing withholding status.

Retirement Membership

All student employees are eligible for membership in the NYS Employees Retirement System (ERS).  Membership, which is optional, requires a contribution of three percent of salary that is deducted from your paycheck.  Service credit is prorated for part time employees (all Student Assistants and Work Study employees are part time).  Membership may be transferred to other public retirement systems in New York State.  If you are currently a member or are interested in becoming a member please contact the University's Benefits Office at 437-4729.


Directions to the Payroll Office

By bus from uptown campus- take CDTA #11 from Science Library to CVS on Western (about 100 yds after leaving campus).  UAB is across the street at 1215 Western Ave.  Trip takes less than three minutes.By bus from downtown campus – take CDTA #10 or #11 to 1215 Western Ave.By car - from University Drive East, take the access road between the Police Dept. and the baseball  field to the UAB lots.


Employers must login to be able to post positions ( A User’s Guide is available on the site or you can contact to request training. 

  • Student Assistant Employment Policy