Program of Study
Student Learning Objectives
Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Teach to a broad audience on subjects in which you are an expert
- Educate yourself to expand your knowledge base and deepen your understanding in those fields in which you specialize
- Conduct and supervise research including forming hypotheses, designing experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions and reporting scientific findings
- Write technical reports, papers and proposals
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
Program Educational Objectives
- Breadth. Graduates will be able to contribute technically to solving broad environmental problems by applying fundamental scientific concepts and sound engineering principles.
- Depth. Graduates are highly knowledgeable and skilled in their chosen field of interest.
- Teamwork. Graduates will be able to work collaboratively with people from different background to solve critical environmental problems through sustainable approaches.
- Professionalism. Graduates will maintain high professional and ethical standards and stand out as examples for their peers.
- Lifelong Learning. Graduates will excel in their chosen profession through lifelong learning and become leaders in their professional service.