Program of Study
Student Learning Objectives
Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
Master of Science
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics
- Apply engineering design to produce creative solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors
- Communicate orally and in writing effectively with a range of audiences
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives
- Propose transformative ideas and develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, use engineering judgment to draw conclusions and present findings in professional settings
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed using appropriate learning strategies
Program Educational Objectives
Master of Science
- Breadth. Graduates will be able to contribute technically to solving broad environmental problems by applying fundamental scientific concepts and sound engineering principles.
- Depth. Graduates are highly knowledgeable and skilled in their chosen field of interest.
- Teamwork. Graduates will be able to work collaboratively with people from different background to solve critical environmental problems through sustainable approaches.
- Professionalism. Graduates will maintain high professional and ethical standards and stand out as examples for their peers.
- Lifelong Learning. Graduates will excel in their chosen profession through lifelong learning and become leaders in their professional service.