Top 10 Benefits of a Tobacco- and Smoke-Free Campus
- It eliminates on-campus cigarette butts, making for a cleaner and more eco-friendly campus environment and reduces the risk of on-campus fires.
- It eliminates secondhand smoke and reduces associated health risks, such as cancer, respiratory infections, and other illnesses.
- It considers the needs of people with medical conditions triggered by secondhand smoke.
- It supports the preference of the majority of people to live, learn, and work in a tobacco- and smoke-free environment.
- It helps those who have lived tobacco- and smoke-free stay tobacco- and smoke-free by eliminating a tobacco- and smoke-friendly environment.
- It prepares students for the tobacco- and smoke-free workplace.
- It helps the 70% of tobacco users who want to quit to successfully quit.
- It reduces exposure to the leading preventable cause of death in the U.S.
- It helps those who have already quit stay quit by eliminating triggers found in a tobacco- and smoke-friendly environment.
- It helps all of us. . .
BREATHE EASY . . .
For more information, go to