Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Students will analyze and compare practice theories and evidence in support of them at multiple levels of practice.
- Students will display broad knowledge of the development of US social policy, analyze current and proposed policies, and evaluate alternative policies.
- Students will apply critical thinking to compare perspectives from social work and other disciplines, including national and international contexts and perspectives.
- Students will competently utilize research methods and statistics Students will read, synthesize, critique and write about research on a substantive topic
- Students will conduct specialized research using application of theory, research, and data analysis methods
- Prepare graduates to contribute to the field of social work/social welfare through knowledge-building, education or both