Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of professional self.
- Constructively use supervision and consultation appropriate to the area of practice.
- Are committed to and able to identify knowledge and skills for continuing personal and professional development. Integrate professional attitudes, values, and ethics in practice.
- Critically assessing and applying relevant practice theories and models for their differential application to varied clients and problems.
- Differentially applying practice knowledge and skills in varied settings. Working with clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures in a nondiscriminatory manner that maximizes client strengths and counters the effects of oppression.
- Using evidence-based practice and evaluating the effectiveness of the practice.
- Demonstrating knowledge and proficiency in human behavior and clinical practice skills to work with a range of clients.
- Integrating policy, organizational and community context in clinical practice that benefits the client.
- Demonstrate leadership skills. This includes taking responsibility and proactive action appropriate to the situation and engaging others in solving problems.
- Differentially applying practice knowledge and skills in varied settings. Continuing breadth and depth in basic interviewing, relationship building and intervention skills as applied to complex and advanced clinical practice situations.
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines in order to benefit clients.
Becoming a Licensed Social Worker