New Nursing Programs
If you are a licensed or license-eligible registered nurse, you can begin your BS in Nursing degree at UAlbany this Fall. The program will provide you with critical knowledge in various areas of public health, such as epidemiology and health policy, as you enhance your nursing career.
If you have your BSN, you can delve further into addressing the social determinants of health with a MS in Population Health Nursing. The expertise you'll gain in biostatistics, systems thinking and planning, and social and behavioral aspects of health will help you to become a leader in community and public health nursing. You can submit your application to start online coursework this Fall.
- Cancer epidemiology and cancer genomics
- COVID-19 and emerging diseases
- Evidence-based healthcare
- Food systems and childhood obesity
- Health disparities and health equity
- Health effects of climate change and the environment
- HIV policy and prevention
- Infectious disease epidemiology
- Maternal and child health
- Social epidemiology and social determinants of health
- Violence and addiction