About the Division for Research and Economic Development
The Mission of the Division for Research is
To increase UAlbany’s visibility in, and resources for, advancing and disseminating knowledge, discovery, and scholarship.
To engage diverse communities in strategic partnerships and increase public, scholarly and economic benefits.
- A University where world-class research, scholarship and artistic endeavors are nurtured and flourish; where these activities are supported by the Division and promoted in ways that enable it to grow, to attract external funding and recognition, and to engage students at all levels.
- A research University which leads in strategic partnerships and engagement with faculty, students, alumni, and local to global communities for university advancement, societal and scholarly benefit, and economic development.
- A research University recognized for our work to create and apply new knowledge relevant to addressing the critical issues of the 21st century.
- A University which leverages its distinctive strengths and the competitive advantage of its strategic location in New York’s capital city to enhance its reputation, influence and impact.
The Division strives to:
- Promote, support, and increase research, scholarship and creative work by faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide seamless administrative support to faculty, staff and students for external funding development, management and compliance oversight.
- Improve infrastructure support for all scholarly and creative activities
- Offer training and support for the entrepreneurial activities of our faculty, staff and students.
- Engage industry, small businesses and start up entities to partner with the University to achieve their short and long term goals.