The Mass Transit system offers bus service on all UAlbany and CDTA buses at no charge to students registered for the current term and NYS University employees including Northway Express and Star Services. Those not eligible include: Volunteers, Visiting & Research Scholars, Rockefeller Institute of Government, Interns, and Empire State Fellows.
All UAlbany buses are equipped with GPS devices in order for passengers to obtain real-time bus information. The UAlbany Mass Transit system covers a wide area including the Health Science, Downtown, and Uptown campuses.
CDTA covers the entire Capital Region. Please note that CDTA access becomes inactive 1 week after each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) if not registered for classes during the next semester (Fall, Spring, Summer).
UAlbany buses COVID-19 Transportation Guidelines
- Bus passengers should avoid standing or sitting within 6 feet of the bus driver.
- Not permitted in the 1st row behind driver unless accessible seating is needed.
- Maintain social distancing between each other on the bus, bus stop, on/off boarding.
- Driver may exit bus during on boarding and exiting of passengers if safely able to do so.
- Arrive at the bus stop earlier than normal due to decreased capacity available.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Occupants to wear a face covering at all times during on/off-boarding and on the bus.
- Driver to wear a face covering while driving with occupants on-board.
- Drivers to wipe down surfaces and touch points several times daily.
- University to clean/disinfect bus shelters regularly.
- Use fresh air settings on bus and keep windows open when able to do so.
- Rigorous cleaning/disinfecting of buses will be conducted weekly.