Visit our Get Started with E-Pay page to learn about your online payment options, as well as how to resolve unpaid balances and appeal late fees. 


This page includes information on the following payment options:  


International Wire Transfers 

UAlbany has partnered with Flywire to allow our international students to more easily pay for tuition and fees.

With Flywire, you can pay from any country and any bank. In most cases, you’re also able to pay in your home country’s currency. You'll be notified via email when the University receives your payment and can use Flywire to track your payment. Visit UAlbany’s Flywire page to get started.

You can also make payments online using an international credit card.



529 Plans 

529 plans are a type of investment account that can be used for higher education savings.

New York State 529 College Savings Program

When you are ready to withdraw funds from your New York 529 plan to pay for tuition and fees, visit the New York State 529 College Savings Program website


529 plans from other states

Every state and the District of Columbia offer 529 plans. If your plan is with a state other than New York, please contact your plan administrator for disbursement instructions. 

Checks from out-of-state 529 plans can be mailed to UAlbany using our mailed check instructions detailed below. 

Mailed Checks 

Checks should be made payable to the University at Albany. For payments sent by mail or from third parties, such as 529 plans, please send the payment to the following address: 

University at Albany 
State University of New York 
1400 Washington Avenue 
Campus Center, G-26 
Albany, NY 12222 

Please make sure the student’s ID number is clearly printed on the check. You should also include a copy of the E-Bill or a note with the student's name, address and ID number in the mailed envelope. 

We do not accept credit card payments by mail. 

Returned Checks or Electronic Payments

The charge for a returned check is $35. You can also be charged a $35 fee for electronic payments that are returned for insufficient funds or wrong account information. 

Returned items must be redeemed with a certified check, postal money order, credit card or cash. After two returned checks, personal checks are no longer accepted as a payment method. 

Cash Payments 

We strongly encourage students and their families to use E-Pay.

IRS requirements for payments over $10,000

The University at Albany is required to report to the IRS the receipt of cash in excess of $10,000 in a single transaction, or two or more related transactions, from the same person (or agent) received in the course of the University's trade or business within a 12-month period. 

Reporting of cash payments over $10,000 must be filed with 15 days of the transaction that brought the total cash payments received from that person to more than $10,000. 

Please read IRS Publication 1544 and IRS Form 8300 for more information on reportable transactions. 

Anticipated Aid 

Anticipated aid is financial aid that has not yet been received by UAlbany but is posted to your account as a non-cash credit or deferral — representing loans, scholarships or other funds that the University expects will be paid to your student account.  

Students are responsible for ensuring these deferrals become actual payments. Please visit our Finance Your Education page for information on securing your financial aid.

Why am I being charged these fees? 

Although you may have decided not to live on campus during the Spring 2021 semester, you are still required to pay the mandatory fees. Fees are assessed to all enrolled students and are essential for the college to operate.

These updates have been made for Spring 2021:

  • The Intercollegiate Athletics Fee will be $317.50 for the Spring 2021 semester. The fee has returned to its approved rate because the University is planning for winter and spring athletic seasons. (Athletics were suspended for the Fall 2020 semester.) Competitions will be streamed online for students to watch.

  • The Parking and Transportation Fee has been reduced by 25% for the Spring 2021 semester but will continue to ensure that students who need these services receive them without interruption or reduction. This fee is part of the Comprehensive Service Fee, which will be $672 for the Spring 2021 semester.

 Learn more about the campus services covered by student fees.

Why didn't I receive a financial aid award?

If you applied for financial aid but haven't received an award notification, or if you were awarded aid you don't see it reflected on your bill, please check the following:

  • Did you file the FAFSA for the correct aid year?

  • Did you list the UAlbany federal school code 002835 on your FAFSA application? 

  • Did the Office of Financial Aid send you an email or letter requesting information after you filed your FAFSA?

  • Do you have any "Important Items" listed on MyUAlbany?

  • If your FAFSA was rejected or selected for verification, did you submit new or corrected documentation?

  • Have you accepted your awards?

  • Did you secure your federal loans by completing the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN)?

  • For current students continuing their studies, have you registered or pre-registered for at least six credits (undergraduates) or at least five credits (graduate students)?

  • Are you matriculated in a degree program?

  • Do you have an email address listed on MyUAlbany

  • Does your email spam filter block emails from addresses?

  • Do you have the correct permanent address listed for yourself on MyUAlbany

  • Did you receive a letter about your academic progress

  • For New York State residents:

Contact Student Financial Services at [email protected] or 518-442-3202 with any questions.

Most federal and state programs are automatically listed on your account as anticipated aid if you have completed all requirements. 

Federal work-study earnings are paid directly to the student and cannot be used to defer payments on your student account. 

Private scholarships

Private scholarships can be considered anticipated aid if the check is sent directly to the University.  

However, the donor must send a letter that includes the student’s name, the amount of each semester’s award, and the period of study for which the award is granted to the Office of Student Accounts before payment for your first bill is due for it to be considered anticipated aid.  

Private scholarships paid directly to the student cannot be used to defer payments on your account.

All scholarships— whether internal or external — that are used to pay your student account balance count as financial aid and may reduce the amount of other forms of financial aid you receive. Visit our Apply for Additional Scholarships page for more information.

Graduate tuition scholarships

Tuition scholarships for graduate assistants, fellows or interns are approved and awarded by your department. Once you’re registered for classes, Student Financial Services will update your anticipated aid with your award. The award cannot be listed unless you’re registered. 

Please note that graduate student scholarships, stipends and tuition support programs can affect the amounts of your other financial aid awards.  

These awards often also do not cover certain fees. Some fees — such as the University fee, comprehensive service fee, activity fee, athletic fee and graduate organization fee — must be paid by the student. 

Tuition Waivers 

Students who plan to use tuition waivers or vouchers to pay tuition must follow University policies for their program. 

Cooperating Teacher/Social Welfare Field Supervision Tuition Waiver Certificates

Your waiver certificate must be received by the Office of Student Accounts before the certificate’s expiration date, which must be on or after the first day of classes.  

Certificates that have been transferred must be signed by all appropriate parties to be valid. Expired or incomplete transferred certificates won’t be honored or returned.  

If you have questions about Cooperating Teacher Certificates, please contact the School of Education. If you have questions about Social Welfare Field Supervision Certificates, please contact the School of Social Welfare.  

Please refer to your certificate for additional information on redemption regulations.

SUNY Employee Tuition Waivers

An approved copy of your waiver application (B-140W) must be on file in the Office of Student Accounts before payment for your first bill is due. You are responsible for paying mandatory fees and any tuition not covered by the waiver. 

UUP Employee Tuition Waivers

You must submit a Tuition Adjustment Request form on MyUAlbany after you register and before payment for your first bill is due. You are responsible for paying mandatory fees and any tuition not covered by the waiver. 

If you work at another State campus, you must also provide a letter from your Human Resources Office that confirms your status as a UUP member. 

Under this program, you must register for classes during the UUP registration period. Visit the Registrar’s website for more information. The Office of Student Accounts will take the Late Registration Fee off your account.

PEF and LEAP Tuition Voucher Programs

Your approved voucher must be signed and submitted to the Office of Student Accounts with payment for mandatory fees and any tuition not covered by the voucher before payment for your first bill is due. 

If your voucher or payment is late, you will be charged late fees and have a hold placed on your account.