New Advisory Board Joins the CEHC Family
The College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security and Cybersecurity (CEHC) at the University at Albany announces the formation of an Advisory Board. The board members will support CEHC in achieving their strategic goals and help shape the College’s growth trajectory.
The members are convening onsite at CEHC’s new home at ETEC on April 27 for one of their three annual meetings. The session will coincide with the College’s inaugural Alumni Awards Celebration and the Spring Showcase.
Comprising internationally recognized leaders from the information sciences, informatics, cybersecurity, homeland security, emergency preparedness, and library sciences fields, the diverse array ranges from current students and early career professionals, to seasoned executives and consultants.
“We are fortunate to have an incredible group of professionals collaborating with us to advance our College, the first of its kind in the nation. Their guidance is invaluable, and we are so grateful for their support,” said CEHC Founding Dean, Robert Griffin.
The Advisory Board includes:
- Avinash Bachwani ’17 MD, Community Health Systems (CMS)
- Olivia BenAoumeur, UAlbany Informatics Student
- Alexis Bhagat, Friends & Foundation of the Albany Public Library, UAlbany MSIS Grad Student
- Alan Bersin, BorderWorks Advisors LLC
- Steve Derrick, Blizzard Entertainment
- Michael Eisenberg ’71,’73, Information School at the University of Washington
- Jagdish Gangolly, Professor Emeritus
- Robert Greenberg, G&H International Services Inc.
- Heather Hage, Griffiss Institute
- Reg Harnish, OrbitalFire Cybersecurity
- Robert Mayer ’75, US Telecom Association
- Jennie Meeker, IFF
- Rick Parimi ’00, Alexis Networks
- Jonathan Rochelle ’85, LinkedIn
- Abebe Rorissa, University of Tennessee
- Thomas Ruller ’86, ’90, NYS Department of Education
- Jeffrey Stern, FEMA
- Tina Tarquinio ’99, IBM
- Mozelle Thompson, Thompson Strategic Consulting
- Tony Ventura, UAlbany EHC Student
- Monique Wade ’21, PwC
In addition to strategic advisement, the board will participate in CEHC events, advocate for the College, and provide internship and career opportunities for students.