The Center for Collaborative HIV Research in Practice and Policy (CCHRPP) leverages unique partnerships to expand collaborations to address social justice and public health challenges of persons at risk for or living with HIV and related diseases.
- Conducting research that translates into policies, programs, and practices
- Assisting with formal academic programs and internships that prepare students for careers in public health including full and part-time internships, field placements, and practicums
- Continuing education for professionals
- Hosting seminars and partnering to share research and news that address social justice and public health challenges of persons at risk for or living with HIV and related diseases.
- Establishing thought leadership to see to completion the aggressive “End the Epidemic” initiatives for HIV and hepatitis C currently underway in New York
The Center’s approach includes special foci on reducing health disparities and achieving health equity.