Collaborative Academic Programs
The University at Albany and Albany Law School affiliation offer collaborative academic programs leading to both the Juris Doctor a traditional law degree and a master’s degree in several fields.
- JD and MS in Business Administration (MBA)
- JD and MS in Public Administration and Policy (MPA)
- JD and MS in Social Work (MSW)
- JD and MS in Regional Planning (MRP)
- JD and MS in Public Health (MPH)
- JD and MS of Arts in History
- JD and MS of Arts in Criminal Justice
- MS in Legal Studies Specialization in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
3+3 joint degree with Albany Law School
The University at Albany and Albany Law School participate in a joint degree program combining the bachelor's degree and law degree in a six year program.
Selected University at Albany students who fulfill the criteria for the program, will start Albany Law School after their junior year and receive a bachelor's degree from the University at Albany after their first year of study at Albany Law School. Students in this program complete standard bachelor’s degree requirements at the University at Albany.
For more information on the application process and program requirements, please refer to the 3+3 joint degree with Albany Law School.
The cross-registration agreement between the University at Albany and Albany Law School allows eligible seniors and graduate students the opportunity to take select courses at each other’s campus through the cross-registration process.
For more information, please refer to the Registrar's Office cross-registration guidelines and forms.
Students that cross-registered through the University at Albany and Albany Law School Affiliation will have access to parking at no additional cost at the cross-registered location.
- University at Albany: Albany Law School students will receive a notice from the University at Albany Registrar’s Office with guidelines for cross-registration and parking. Students should visit the UAlbany Parking Office to finalize their access. For information on-campus parking areas, please review the UAlbany Campus Map.
- Albany Law School: University at Albany students will receive a notice from the Albany Law School Registrar’s Office with instructions on how to access their parking pass. Students should visit the Albany Law School Business Office, located in the 2000 Building, to finalize their access. For directions to the campus, please review the Albany Law directions page.
Note: Students must park in designated student lots and comply with all student parking rules and regulations.