Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Develop a research question and a plan to answer it using pre-existing data sets.
- Evaluate the validity of research conclusions drawn from a given data set.
- Apply basic statistical analyses to practical criminological problems.
- Identify gaps in current research on a given topic and propose a plan for filling those gaps.
- Assess the application of criminal justice theories in the explanation of criminal justice outcomes.
- Assess the validity of criminological theories as applied to current questions.