Defining experiences in public health
Improving public health through learning, discovery, and innovation.
Training public health leaders
Providing meaningful hands-on experiences to prepare students to make an impact.
Fear of Job Loss is Associated with Hypertension in Working Latino Adults
ALBANY, N.Y. (Dec. 6, 2022) – A new report published in the Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health suggests that fear of job loss can lead to hypertension among the working Latinx population.
December 2022 SPH Research Report
A collection of the University at Albany's School of Public Health research from December 2022.
COVID-19 School of Public Health Research Report
A collection of the University at Albany's School of Public Health COVID-19 related publications.
5 Questions with Yuchi Young: Aging and Long-Term Care
Yuchi Young is an associate professor in the Department of Health Policy, Management and Behavior whose work focuses on health outcome evaluation and long-term care in the aging population. We sat down with her to learn more about her work and recent changes in long-term care and aging.
November 2022 SPH Research Report
A collection of the University at Albany's School of Public Health research from November 2022.
Areas of Research
- Cancer epidemiology and cancer genomics
- COVID-19 and emerging diseases
- Evidence-based healthcare
- Food systems and childhood obesity
- Health disparities and health equity
- Health effects of climate change and the environment
- HIV policy and prevention
- Infectious disease epidemiology
- Maternal and child health
- Social epidemiology and social determinants of health
- Violence and addiction