Defining experiences in public health
Improving public health through learning, discovery, and innovation.
Conducting groundbreaking research
Studying important public health topics ranging from climate change to health disparities.
Working around the world to move health forward.
Training public health leaders
Providing meaningful hands-on experiences to prepare students to make an impact.
Coronavirus Research and Response
UAlbany Researchers Examine Health Data Policies in the Biden-Harris Administration
Preexisting Mental Illness Associated with Elevated Mortality Risk among Medicaid-Insured Women with Breast Cancer
Five Questions with Faculty: Professor Emeritus Gus Birkhead
Investigating Manogepix Activity Against Multidrug-Resistant Invasive Fungal Pathogen, Candida auris
Minority Nurse Practitioners Underrepresented in New York State
Areas of Research Expertise Include:
- Cancer epidemiology and cancer genomics
- COVID-19 and emerging diseases
- Evidence-based healthcare
- Food systems and childhood obesity
- Health disparities and health equity
- Health effects of climate change and the environment
- HIV policy and prevention
- Infectious disease epidemiology
- Maternal and child health
- Social epidemiology and social determinants of health
- Violence and addiction