This page contains the most up-to-date forms for making requests to the ISSS office. Please be sure to visit this page to download the most current form in PDF format. Forms may be submitted to the ISSS office in Science Library G-40 or via email at [email protected].  Please allow 5-7 business days for processing of all forms and requests.  If you are searching for forms related to J-1 scholars, please visit our Scholar page, here.

AccessISSS has a New Look!

AccessISSS, the system you use to submit an EForm request to ISSS, has a new look!  The functionality and form availability remains the same as before.  To see an overview of the changes, click here

Request for Updated or Travel Signature I-20 or DS-2019 E-Form

Purpose: This E-form is to request an update or travel signature on your current I-20.  Updates may include an I-20/DS-2019 with travel signature; a replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged I-20/DS-2019; or an updated I-20/DS-2019 (including new major, change in funding, change in employer, cap-gap extension, etc...)It is not to request a new I-20 for a newly admitted student (newly admitted students should contact the appropriate Admissions office for their program); a new degree program; a change of status; readmission; or adding a new dependent (for those reasons, see I-20/DS2019 Request Form below).  

Fall 2021 Reporting EForm

Purpose: This e-form is required for all  international students to report their study plans for Fall 2021.

Letter Request E-form

Purpose: This E-form is to request a status letter.  This includes Social Security Number status letters, visa renewal letters, general status letters, and other letter requests.

Reduced Course Load Authorization (RCL) E-Form

Purpose: F-1 and J-1 students must be pursuing a full-time course of study unless they are authorized for a reduced course load for specific, federally accepted reasons. Undergraduate students must be enrolled for 12 credits during the regular semesters (Fall and Spring) and graduate students must be enrolled for 9 credits during the regular semesters. If you believe that you qualify for a reduced course load, please complete this form with your academic advisor. 

Extension of I-20/DS-2019 Program End Date Request E-form

Purpose: If the F-1 or J-1 student requires additional time to complete his or her academic program requirements beyond the program end date listed on the I-20 or DS-2019, the student must apply for an I-20 or DS-2019 extension. The student must obtain departmental approval and submit additional proof of finances with the request.

New I-20/DS-2019 for Returning or Change of Status Students EForm

Purpose: This form is for a student to request a new I-20/DS-2019. Most commonly, this is for students who have been readmitted, are returning from a leave of absence, are applying for a change of status, or are requesting a F-2/J-2 dependent join them in the United States.  If you are seeking an I-20 for another reason, please see the "Request for Updated or Travel Signature I-20/DS-2019" Eform instead.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Purpose: This form is for F-1 students to request off-campus work authorization under CPT. Students must obtain CPT work authorization prior to beginning work off campus, whether paid or unpaid.       

Optional Practical Training (OPT) E-Form & STEM Extension E-forms

Purpose: These forms are for students applying for OPT or an OPT STEM Extension. Additionally, we have included links to relevant USCIS forms, such as the I-765 and G-1145.
Students are required to report changes to their personal information and employment to ISSS within 10 days of any change. Please use the OPT or STEM OPT Reporting Eform (below) to report any changes, as well as updated your demographic information in MyUAlbany.

OPT & STEM OPT Reporting E-Form

Purpose: This page describes the reporting requirements for F-1 students on OPT and STEM OPT, and provides instructions for accessing the OPT or STEM OPT Reporting E-form.



Academic Training for J-1 Students

Purpose: This form is for J-1 students to request off-campus work authorization under Academic Training. The employment must be related to the program field and the student must have their academic advisor’s approval.

Departure (Including Transfer Out) E-form

Purpose: This E-form is to report your departure from UAlbany and/or the United States.  This E-form should be be used by F-1 and J-1 students to request that their SEVIS record be transferred to a new school (e.g. if you are graduating and going to graduate school, ending OPT to begin a new program, or transferring mid-program). 

Order Eship E-form

Purpose: To request express mailing shipping of a document.


City of Birth E-form
Purpose: To report your city of birth to SEVIS.


The information contained in this web site/form is provided as a service to international students, faculty and staff at the University at Albany. It does not constitute legal advice. We try to provide useful information, but we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site or any associated site or form. Neither the University at Albany nor ISSS is responsible for any errors or omissions contained in this website, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. Nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel; students may wish to consult an immigration attorney on the specifics of their case as needed.