Summary of Forms

Forms You May Need

Please allow 5-7 business days for processing of all forms and requests.  

File Upload Instructions

EForms may require you to upload documentation.  Before check to be sure that the file is not blurry, that all text may be clearly read, and that the entire document can be seen.  If the upload is not clear your request will not be considered complete and cannot be processed.

Learn more about uploading files.

Employment Forms (for students)

  1. Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
  2. Post Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)
  3. STEM OPT Extension
  4. OPT and STEM OPT Reporting
  5. J-1 Academic Training
  6. J-1 On Campus Employment
  7. Social Security Number Status Letter

Other Immigration Forms (for students)

  1. Request to Update I-20/DS-2019 (includes Travel Signature Requests)
  2. New Student Arrival Reporting
  3. Reduced Course Load (RCL) Authorization
  4. Extension of I-20/DS-2019 Program
  5. Request for New I-20/DS-2019 (including students returning from a leave of absence; students filing for a change of status; students changing education levels; and students requesting an I-20/DS-2019 for a dependent)
  6. Departure (including Transfer Out)
  7. Immigration Status Update
  8. Letter Requests (including information for relatives applying for a visitor visa)
  9. Order E-Ship
  10. Out of Country Reporting

J-1 Visiting Scholar Forms

How to Submit an EForm


The information contained in this web site/form is provided as a service to international students, faculty and staff at the University at Albany. It does not constitute legal advice. We try to provide useful information, but we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site or any associated site or form.

Neither the University at Albany nor ISSS is responsible for any errors or omissions contained in this website, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. Nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel; students may wish to consult an immigration attorney on the specifics of their case as needed.