Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Students will understand current theory and research in human development, learning, research design, measurement, and statistical analysis.
- Students will be able to demonstrate that they can read and write critically and analytically about theory, research, and practice.
- Students will be able to design and carry out rigorous and theoretically well-grounded empirical research that addresses important educational and developmental issues and problems.
- Students will learn how to make significant contributions to the field through professional presentations in national and international forums and conferences, and through publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals.
- Students will demonstrate effective teaching skills in higher education, or competence in other relevant professional contexts.