Rolling Fall, Spring
The application and all supporting materials must be submitted directly to The Graduate School at the University at Albany.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
For application specific questions, contact us at [email protected].
- International students must submit a minimum TOEFL score of 98 or IELTS score of 7.0. We will only accept official scores sent by the testing institution.
- UAlbany SOPHAS TOEFL code is 2532. We do not use department codes. For electronic IELTS score results reporting, provide the following information to your test center:
University at Albany (SUNY)
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
- The TOEFL or IELTS is not required for international students who have completed at least four semesters of full-time study within a four-year time frame from time of application, and maintained at least a B average at a college or university in the United States or a country from an approved list. For questions regarding English Language Proficiency waivers, please email Soha Acosta at [email protected].
Required Application Materials
- Official transcripts from EVERY post-secondary academic institution attended, including college coursework completed during high school, must be sent directly from the institution to University at Albany Office of Graduate Admissions. You must report all colleges and universities attended and submit official transcripts, even if your transfer credits are listed on your primary transcript.
Three letters of recommendation
- Preferably faculty or supervisors in a health-related field
- Letters must be signed and on institutional/organizational letterhead
- Why do you wish to pursue this certificate and why are you interested in your chosen area of concentration? The statement must include a discussion of two issues related to health disparities in the contemporary US
- 1500 word limit
Current UAlbany students should login to MyUAlbany and follow these steps to apply:
- In the MyUAlbany portal, select the Graduate Education tab at the top of the page.
- At the bottom left of the page under Application and Graduation Information, select Supplemental Degree Application.
- Click on the Supplemental Degree Application icon.
- Click the Add To Cart button.
- Fill out the form. Select your current degree level and current program name. Make sure to enter "Graduate Certificate in Health Disparities" in the Requested Supplemental Degree Program Name field and select CGS in the Requested Supplemental Degree dropdown menu.
- Click Continue to submit your supplemental application form.
- Select Checkout to submit your payment information.