Rolling Fall, Spring
The application and all supporting materials must be submitted directly to The Graduate School at the University at Albany.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
For application specific questions, contact us at email@example.com.
- WES evaluations for international transcripts. Evaluations are not required for Canadian transcripts if the language of instruction is English.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 98 (institution code: 2532), two semesters of full-time study at a US college or university, or completion of an undergraduate degree in a country where English is the official language and language of instruction
Required Application Materials
- Official transcripts from EVERY post-secondary academic institution attended, including college coursework completed during high school, must be sent directly from the institution to University at Albany Office of Graduate Admissions.
Three letters of recommendation
- Preferably faculty or supervisors in a health-related field
- Why do you wish to pursue this certificate and why are you interested in your chosen area of concentration? The statement must include a discussion of two issues related to health disparities in the contemporary US
- 1500 word limit
Current UAlbany students should login to MyUAlbany and follow these steps to apply:
- In the MyUAlbany portal, select the Graduate Education tab at the top of the page.
- At the bottom left of the page under Application and Graduation Information, select Supplemental Degree Application.
- Click on the Supplemental Degree Application icon.
- Click the Add To Cart button.
- Fill out the form. Select your current degree level and current program name. Make sure to enter "Graduate Certificate in Health Disparities" in the Requested Supplemental Degree Program Name field and select CGS in the Requested Supplemental Degree dropdown menu.
- Click Continue to submit your supplemental application form.
- Select Checkout to submit your payment information.