Areas of Interest
- Comparative genomics and bioinformatics of conserved DNA and protein motifs
- Molecular biology and genetics of archaea and bacteria
- Structure and function of prokaryotic cell surface proteins that contain tandem repeat domains
- Qin, Z.S., McCue, L.A., Thompson, W., Mayerhofer, L., Lawrence, C.E., and Liu, J.S. 2003. Identification of co-regulated genes through Bayesian clustering of predicted regulatory binding sites. Nat. Biotechnol. 21:435-439.
- Mayerhofer, L.E., Conway de Macario, E., Yao, R. and Macario, A.J.L. 1998. Structure, organization, and expression of genes coding for envelope components in the Archaeon Methanosarcina mazei S-6. Arch. Microbiol. 169: 339-345.
- Mayerhofer, L.E., Macario, A.J.L. and Conway de Macario, E. 1995. Conservation and variability in Archaea: protein antigens with tandem repeats encoded by a cluster of genes with common motifs in Methanosarcina mazei S-6. Gene 165: 87-91.
- Mayerhofer, L.E. 1994. Analysis of the morphologic forms and cell surface antigen genes of Methanosarcina mazei S-6. Ph.D. thesis. University at Albany, Albany, N.Y.
- Mayerhofer, L.E., Macario, A.J.L. and Conway de Macario, E. 1991. Lamina, a novel multicellular form of Methanosarcia mazei S-6. J. Bacteriol. 174: 309-314.
- Auer, J., Spicker, G., Mayerhofer, L.E., Pühler, G. and Böck, A. 1991. Organization and nucleotide sequence of a gene cluster comprising the translation elongation factor 1a from Sulfolobus acidocaldarius. System. Appl. Microbiol. 14: 14-22.
- Mayerhofer, L.E., 1989. Identification and cloning of a gene encoding a differentially expressed cell surface protein antigen in Methanosarcina mazei S-6. Master's thesis, University at Albany, Albany, N.Y.