The Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD Albany) offers continuing education units (CEU) for professionals at many of our training programs. Please verify with each individual training that the desired CEU is offered and for the associated cost, as CEUs offered may vary by event. CARD Albany is an approved provider for the following continuing education units:
The College of St. Rose is the approved provider for ASHA continuing education units.
- Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE): CARD Albany is recognized by the New York State Education Department's Office of Teaching Initiatives as an approved provider of CTLE for Professional Classroom Teachers, School Leaders, and Level III Teaching Assistants.
- School Psychologists (NASP): CARD Albany is an approved provider by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. CARD maintains responsibility for the program.
- Social Work (LMSW & LCSW): Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, SW CPE, is recognized by the New York State Education Department State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers # 0292. Continuing education is available for both Licensed Master Social Workers (LMSW) and Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW).
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA): (Intermediate level, Professional area)
An annual ASHA CE Registry fee is required to register ASHA CEUs. Individuals must meet at least one of the following conditions to be eligible to earn ASHA CEUs.
• ASHA Member (includes Life member and International affiliates)
• ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) Holder Licensed by a state or provincial regulatory agency to practice Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) or audiology
• Credentialed by a state regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
• Credentialed by a national regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
• A Clinical Fellow supervised by someone who holds the ASHA CCC
• Currently enrolled in a masters or doctoral program in SLP or audiology
The participant pays the ASHA CE Registry fee directly to the ASHA National Office. The annual ASHA CE Registry fee allows registration of an unlimited number of ASHA CEUs for the calendar year. Contact the ASHA CE staff at 800-498-2071 for CE Registry fee subscription information.
If you have questions about our CEU offerings, please contact us at: 518-442-2574 or [email protected]
*Please note that participants arriving late or leaving early from training events will NOT be eligible for a CEU certificate (no partial credits available).
*NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED