Once you’re a Great Dane, you’re always a Great Dane. So, whether it’s been a few semesters or a few years, we are here to help.
Have questions or want to talk about your options? Contact the Office of Undergraduate Education at 518-442-3950 or [email protected].
Success is in Reach
We know students interrupt their studies for many different — and often very personal — reasons. That doesn’t mean you can’t return, complete your degree and keep chasing your dreams.
If you’re ready to re-enroll at UAlbany, please submit a Readmission Application.
Your application will be carefully considered once all your application materials are received. A decision will be sent to the email address you provided in your application.
Note: If you’ve been away for more than a year (two semesters), your UAlbany email address won’t be active and you should use alternative email for your readmission application.
Please note that previous admissions decisions do not guarantee readmission.
Visit the Undergraduate Bulletin for more information on the University’s policies on readmission.
While applying, you will be asked to indicate the term or semester of your anticipated readmission.
If you are later unable to re-enroll during that term or semester, you may need to submit a new readmission application, email [email protected] to discuss your options.
Our application timelines listed below make for a timely decision, allowing readmitted students to register for classes.
If you have a hold on your student account or any other outstanding financial obligation to the University, you can still be readmitted but you must clear the hold before you can register.
Summer or Fall Term
- Readmission applications for a summer or fall term can be submitted as early as February.
- If your application needs to be reviewed by the Committee on Academic Standing (see “Application Materials” below for the criteria), you must submit your application by July 1.
- If your application doesn’t need to be reviewed by the Committee on Academic Standing, we strongly recommend that you submit your application before August 1. This will ensure timely processing of your application.
Winter or Spring Term
- Readmission applications for winter or spring term can be submitted as early as September.
- If your application needs to be reviewed by the Committee on Academic Standing (see “Application Materials” below for the criteria), you must submit your application by November 1.
- If your application doesn’t need to be reviewed by the Committee on Academic Standing, you can submit it at any time. However, for timely processing, please submit your application at least once week before the semester is set to begin.
All applicants must submit a Readmission Application and $40 non-refundable application fee.
Some applicants are also required to submit additional materials, depending on their individual circumstances.
Transcripts from Other Institutions
If you have attended any other colleges or university since you last attended UAlbany, you must also send an official transcript from each school to [email protected] and notify the Readmission Office.
Petition to the Committee on Academic Standing
If your cumulative grade point average (GPA) was below a 2.00 and/or you were Academically Dismissed from UAlbany, you must also complete a Petition to the Committee on Academic Standing. The petition is included in the Readmission Application.
Applications that must be reviewed by the Committee on Academic Standing take longer to process and have a deadline. See the Application Deadlines section above for more information.
Your readmission application, fee, petition and any required supporting documentation must all be received by the application deadline. There are no exceptions to this rule.
If you left UAlbany with an approved medical withdrawal, you must also receive medical clearance to return.
To be medically cleared, you or your health care provider must submit evidence of your treatment to either Student Health Services (SHS) or Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS), depending on the nature of the condition or circumstances.
The documentation must be completed and signed by the licensed health professional or treatment facility providing the student with treatment. It must include
The number of assessment and/or treatment sessions the student has had, with beginning and end dates
The student’s ICD-10 or DSM-V diagnosis
A brief description of the student’s condition, including a statement highlighting the ways in which their condition has improved and will no longer significantly interfere with their performance as a student
An explicit recommendation for readmission
Students who withdrew for physical medical reasons should send their documentation to SHS:
- Director of Student Health Services:
- Phone: 518-442-5454
- Fax: 518-442-5444
- Email: [email protected]
- Mailing Address: 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222
Students who withdrew for psychological reasons should send their documentation to CAPS:
- Director of Counseling & Psychological Services:
- Phone: 518-442-5800
- Fax: 518-442-3096
- Email: [email protected]
- Mailing address: 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222
Students are responsible for confirming the correct office has received all required documentation.
This documentation will be stored in your SHS or CAPS medical record and will not be included in your academic record. For this reason, please do not send medical records to the Office of Undergraduate Education.
Once you’ve submitted all readmission materials, you should start preparing to return to your studies.
- Determine if you have any holds by signing into MyUAlbany.
If you have a hold on your student account or any other outstanding financial obligation to the University, you must clear it before you can register for classes.
- Update your email address, mailing address and phone number on MyUAlbany.
The University will use these to get in contact with you.
- Reset your UAlbany password and set up 2-Step Login once you’ve been readmitted.
Readmitted students must reset their UAlbany password, even if they still have access to MyUAlbany. We’ve also introduced 2-Step Login for additional security.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
You cannot receive state or federal financial aid without completing the FAFSA. New York State residents should also apply for the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). Learn more about applying for financial aid as an undergraduate student.
If you have any questions or concerns about the status of your application, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Education at 518-442-3950 or [email protected].
- Undergraduate Education Home
- Academic Progression and Success
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Recovery Program
- Academic Standing
- Dean's List
- Degree in Absentia / Leave of Approved Study
- General Education
- Honors Medallions
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Undergraduate Readmission
- Student Forms
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)
- Undergraduate Withdrawals
- For Faculty
- Undergraduate Bulletin