Summer: March 1
Fall: March 1
How to Apply
To be considered for admission into the MD/MPH, applicants must be admitted first to medical school at Albany Medical College. Albany Medical College is in the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).
Applicants must then apply separately to the School of Public Health for admission into the MPH program. The application and all supporting materials for the MD/MPH must be submitted through SOPHAS Express.
- Must be an accepted or enrolled medical student at Albany Medical College
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
- Official MCAT scores
- One semester of social sciences
- College level calculus
- One year of biology and one year of chemistry
- WES evaluations for international transcripts. Evaluations are not required for Canadian transcripts if the language of instruction is English.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 98 (institution code: 5688), two semesters of full-time study at a US college or university, or completion of an undergraduate degree in a country where English is the official language and language of instruction
Required Application Materials
Applicants must upload the following documents into the SOPHAS Express application:
- Unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Copy of MCAT scores
- Statement of purpose describing your reasons for pursuing the MD/MPH and your interest in the specified concentration
- Three letters of recommendation, submitted directly by the reviewer
- A minimum of two letters must be from academic faculty
- At least one letter must be from a university faculty member in the major field of study
- Applicants who have been out of school for five or more years may submit professional references
- Letters must be signed and on institutional/organizational letterhead
The following official materials must be sent directly to the School of Public Health Office of Admissions. SOPHAS Express does not accept official materials.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
University at Albany School of Public Health
Office of Admissions
One University Place
Rensselaer, NY 12144
For application specific questions, contact us at [email protected] or 518-402-0361.
Please note: This program requires an internship, field experience, study abroad component, or clinical experience requirement. Students who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that their prior criminal history may impede their ability to complete the requirements of certain academic programs and/or to meet licensure requirements for certain professions. If applicants have concerns about this matter please contact the Dean’s Office of the intended academic program.