Registering for Classes

At the University at Albany, all students register over the Web using MyUAlbany.

During Advance Registration all students register according to their enrollment appointment date.  For undergraduate students this date is calculated based on the number of credits earned (not including in-progress courses).  Graduate students can register the first day of Advance Registration. 

MyUAlbany is generally available to you seven days a week, from 6:00AM to 2:30AM the next morning.

For specific information regarding advance, final, and late registration, see the links below.

Please be advised of the following:

  • To be considered a full-time undergraduate student, you must take a minimum of 12 credits.  A normal undergraduate course load is 15 credits. 
  • To be considered a full-time graduate student, you must take a minimum of 9 credits. 
  • Individuals registering for dissertation load (courses numbered 899 only) will be certified as full-time when registered for a minimum of one credit.
  • Undergraduate students enrolled in 9-11 credits are considered three quarter-time students (effective Fall 2014). Undergraduate students enrolled in 6-8 credits are considered half-time students. Undergraduate students enrolled in 1-5 credit(s) in a given semester have less than half-time status.
  • Undergraduates may not register for more than 19 credits per term unless given approval by the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (LC 30).  Graduate students may not register for more than 19 credits per term.  
  • Students with senior status (88+ credits, including earned and in-progress credits) cannot register for 100-level courses during Advance Registration, only during the DROP/ADD period after classes begin, as defined by the Academic Calendar.  Seniors needing 100-level courses to complete degree requirements should obtain recommendation for the course(s) from their academic advisor and submit the request to the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (LC 30) to obtain permission to register for 100-level classes during Advance Registration. 
  • Undergraduate students ordinarily enroll in courses at the level appropriate to their class.  Individual departments have the authority to require a C or S grade in courses that are prerequisites for advanced courses in that area.
  • Students enrolling in course sections with days/times/rooms listed as arranged (ARR) should contact the instructor or department offering the course prior to registering in order to formalize arrangements regarding the meeting days, times, and room.