Announcing this Year's Awardees
Capital District Writing Project, Department of Literacy Teaching and Learning, School of Education
- UAlbany Partners: Dr. Kelly Wissman, Dr. Carol Forman-Pemberton, and Dr. Bob Yagelski, UAlbany School of Education
Community Partners: Chris Mazura and Amy Salamone, Guilderland High School; and Christina Pepe, Shenendehowa High School
Dr. Bryan Early, Associate Dean for Research and Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy, and Director, Project on International Security, Commerce, & Economic Statecraft (PISCES)
UAlbany Partners: Daniel Whaley, Office of Sponsored Programs; Jim Levy and Lois Pownall, Center for Policy Research; Phil Baxter, Ryan Cathie, Nolan Fahrenkopf, Togzhan Kassenova, Jay Nash, Richard Young, and Lara Stenberg, PISCES
- Community Partners: Office of Export Control Cooperation, and Office of Cooperative Threat Reduction, U.S. Department of State Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation
Electrical and Computer Engineering Capstone Experience, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- UAlbany Partners: Dr. Jonathan Muckell, Dr. Mustafa Aksoy, and Dr. Dola Saha, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering; and Dr. Gary Saulnier, Chair, Computer Engineering
- Community Partners: Brian Bateman, New York State Industries for the Disabled (NYSID); Fred Erlich, Living Resources; Chris Schelin, Center for Disabled Services; and Chris Suozzo, Carmalink
Smart and Connected Communities, School of Social Welfare and College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- UAlbany Partners: Dr. Wonhyung Lee, School of Social Welfare; and Dr. Charalampos Chelmis and Dr. Daphney Stavrou Zois, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Community Partners: Dahlia Herring, Capital Region Refugee Roundtable; David Gardam, 2-1-1 New York Inc., Board of Directors; and Jonathan Hentrich, Christ’s Church Albany; and Rushka Tcholakova, Greater Capital Region (formerly)
The Confucius Institute at the University at Albany
- UAlbany Partners: Dr. Youqin Huang, director, the Confucius Institute at UAlbany; Dr. Fan Pen Li Chen, chair, East Asian Studies Department; Xinyi Dan, president, Chinese Students and Scholar Association; and Paul Miesing, School of Business; Cheng Chen, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy; Dr. Harvey Charles, Center for International Education and Global Strategy; and Zai Liang, Urban China Research Network.
- Community Partners: Hua Lin, Albany High School and Edmund J. O'Neal Middle School of Excellence; Sophia Tien-Hui Hsia, Tech Valley High School; Jie Wang, Albany Chinese School; John Powell, Montessori Magnet School in Albany; Li Zhang, Chinese Community Center; Ziaofei Li, Albany Pine Hill Library; Ellie Burhans, Albany Institute of History and Art; Ann-Marie Helldorfer, Colonie Public Library; Lucas Geller, Chinese Martial Arts Academy; and Jie Wang, Capital District Chinese School
UAlbany – RED Bookshelf Collaboration
- UAlbany Partners: Holly Barker-Flynn and Sari Khatib, Orientation and Transition Programs; Martha Asselin and Cheryl Simmons, Center for Leadership and Service; Linda Krzykowski, Student Engagement; and Sheri Stevens, Community and Public Service Program
- Community Partners: Mary Beth Fowler and Rachel Eveleth, The RED Bookshelf
Thank you to all who nominated an individual, program or unit for a 2020 President's Award for Exemplary Public Engagement. We are proud of the extraordinary engaged work being done by our faculty, staff and students at UAlbany.
We are very pleased to announce this year's awardees and invite you to join us for an online celebration of their achievement this coming September. We will have more information on the upcoming program shortly.
If you have questions about the awards program or event, please email Mary Hunt at [email protected] or call (518) 527-3691.