International Student and Scholar Services Home
To avoid becoming a victim of a fraud or scam, NEVER provide bank information, credit card details, or payment by unsolicited email or over the phone. US government agencies do not conduct business this way. For more information on how to protect yourself, visit our Frauds and Scams page.
ISSS Advising Hours
In-Person or by Phone (518-591-8172)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday from 1:00-3:30pm
- No appointment needed, just visit Science Library G-40 or call 518-591-8172
- Student and scholars can also email [email protected] for assistance. The email inbox is monitored Monday-Friday during business hours.
Normal Online/Distance Course Limitations Resume in Fall 2023
For more information please visit our Course Registration Requirements for F-1 and J-1 students page.
Applying for Post-Completion OPT?
Students who are graduating and planning to apply for Post-Completion OPT Work Authorization should complete the following steps to apply:
- Watch the required OPT workshop
- Review all instructions on the OPT Request EForm website, including the Supplemental Forms and Instructions
- Submit the EForm to ISSS to request a new I-20 recommending you for post-completion OPT
- File with DHS-USCIS within 30 days of receiving the new I-20 from ISSS recommending you for post-completion OPT
If you have questions please speak with an ISSS advisor.
Follow ISSS on Instagram @ualbanyisss
ISSS is now on Instagram! Follow us to get the latest updates on events and other important announcements @ualbanyisss
Reporting Requirements for Students
Now is a good time to remind yourself of your reporting requirements as an international student
. Our Reporting Requirements webpage also features information for OPT and STEM OPT students.