International Student and Scholar Services Home
To avoid becoming a victim of a fraud or scam, NEVER provide bank information, credit card details, or payment by unsolicited email or over the phone. US government agencies do not conduct business this way. For more information on how to protect yourself, visit our Frauds and Scams page.
ISSS Advising Hours- Spring Semester
Advising by Appointment- In-Person or on Zoom
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9am-12:30pm
- Schedule an appointment.
Walk-in Advising (no appointment required)- In-Person or by Phone (518-591-8172)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday from 12:30-4:00pm
- No appointment needed, just visit Science Library G-40 or call 518-591-8172
- Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm in Science Library G-40
- Student and scholars can also email [email protected] for assistance. The email inbox is monitored Monday-Friday during business hours.
DHS Continuation of March 2020 Guidance for International Student Course Registration through 2022-2023 Academic Year
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released a policy statement continuing the March 2020 pandemic related guidance pertaining to international student course registration at eligible campuses.
Therefore, similar to the 2021-22 academic year, UAlbany F-1 and J-1 international students who have been enrolled since March 2020 and have continuously maintained status may register for any combination of in person, hybrid, and fully online courses during the 2022-2023 academic year. F-1 and J-1 international students beginning studies after March 2020 and/or those who have not been continuously enrolled since March 2020 must maintain registration in at least one non-fully online course (i.e. an in person or hybrid course) during the 2022-2023 academic year.
Applying for Post-Completion OPT?
Students who are graduating and planning to apply for Post-Completion OPT Work Authorization should complete the following steps to apply:
- Watch the required OPT workshop
- Review all instructions on the OPT Request EForm website, including the Supplemental Forms and Instructions
- Submit the EForm to ISSS to request a new I-20 recommending you for post-completion OPT
- File with DHS-USCIS within 30 days of receiving the new I-20 from ISSS recommending you for post-completion OPT
If you have questions please speak with an ISSS advisor.
Follow ISSS on Instagram @ualbanyisss
ISSS is now on Instagram! Follow us to get the latest updates on events and other important announcements @ualbanyisss