ISSS has compiled resources for students seeking on-campus and off-campus housing. F-1 and J-1 students must update their SEVIS USA address within 10 days of moving to a new physical residence. 

On Campus Housing

On-campus housing is provided through the Department of Residential Life. There are a variety of on-campus housing options available, including traditional residence halls and suites on the four Uptown campus and apartment style residences.

Students admitted as freshmen or transfers with freshmen/sophomore standing are required to live on-campus for their first two years. There is also housing available for transfer students, and limited housing available for graduate students on campus. New Students should refer to the New Student pages for additional information about on-campus housing.

Review UPD's (University Police Department) page on off-campus safety, even if you are residing on campus.

Off Campus Housing

ISSS has compiled the resources below to to aid students in their search for off-campus housing and to help make sure you are well-informed. Students should exercise caution before signing any lease because leases are legally binding. Make sure that the housing is appropriate and read the lease in its entirety before signing.

The platform allows local landlords to list properties that have been granted Residential Occupancy Permits (declaring them up to code) via the City of Albany. The platform also allows users to create roommate profiles, search for subleases and has educational videos on leases, security, deposits, etc. Additionally, the entire site can be translated in various languages with click of a button.