City School District: Data Capacity and Program Evaluation
The Center for Human Services Research provides program evaluation and data support services to the City School District of Albany.
Evaluation & Research
The Center for Human Services Research provides program evaluation and data support services to the The City School District of Albany. Work focuses on building district capacity to: design and implement rigorous data protocols; engage in objective, contextually sensitive interpretation of findings; and deliver accessible, relevant data presentations to a variety of stakeholders. Specifically, researchers at CHSR:
- Collaboratively work with the CSDA Cabinet to monitor a comprehensive data analysis plan that is aligned at the district and building levels
- Assist with longitudinal tracking of individual student outcomes including kindergarten readiness, state test scores, NWEA scores, grades, Regents exams, PSAT/SAT scores, school attendance, OST attendance, enrollment stability, VADIR involvement, college enrollment, and college retention.
- Support CSDA Cabinet and Building Leadership Teams in progress monitoring District Comprehensive Improvement Plan and School Comprehensive Education Plan indicators.
- Support process of developing future DCIP and SCEPs.
- Work with schools under Receivership to track indicators for demonstrable improvement.
- Ensure data collection procedures and evaluation designs are appropriate and rigorous.
- Assist staff to integrate data into the district improvement process and support data-driven decision-making.
- Contribute to quarterly (or as needed) data presentations to the School Board.
For more information, contact Rose Greene.