Program of Study
Student Learning Objectives
Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
Master of Science
- • Obtain general knowledge of representative fields in biology such as molecular biology, cell biology, developmental biology, and neurobiology, with a detailed knowledge of one or more areas of interest.
• Read and understand the primary scientific literature, to keep abreast of major developments, and to synthesize and integrate the literature in their chosen area of expertise.
• Integrate factual knowledge and problem-solving skills.
• Recognize and define a scientific problem.
• Demonstrate oral and visual communication skills.
• Demonstrate written communication skills.
• Understand scientific ethics as practiced in Western societies, including the topics of human subjects, animal use in research, and plagiarism.