Program of Study
Student Learning Objectives
Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
Master of Science
- Design experimental protocols in order to contribute to the solution of an important scientific problem.
- Obtain general knowledge of scientific fields such as physics, mathematics, chemistry, and biology with a detailed knowledge of one area of interest.
- Integrate factual knowledge and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate oral, and visual communication skills.
- Demonstrate written communication skills.
- Read and understand the primary scientific literature, to keep abreast of major developments, and to synthesize and integrate the literature in their chosen area of expertise.
- Understand a scientific problem and conduct experiments that would make a substantial contribution to its solution.
- Understand scientific ethics as practiced in Western societies, including the topics of human subjects, animal use in research, and plagiarism.