Apply as a Transfer Student

You should apply as a transfer student if you have attended another college or university, even if you were only enrolled for a semester. There are two options for applying as a transfer to UAlbany:

Apply with the Common Application

The Common Application allows you apply to over 500 participating schools with one application.


Apply with the SUNY Application

The SUNY Application allows you apply to multiple SUNY schools with one application.

Readmission Information

Have you previously attended UAlbany? Apply for readmission today.

Additional Required Document(s):

Official transcript(s) of all college-level work
All transfer applicants must submit official transcripts of all work taken at any college or university, whether or not they expect to receive transfer credit. Transcript(s) can be sent directly to:

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University at Albany
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12222

Please note: If you've completed fewer than 24 transferable college credits, you'll also need to submit an official high school transcript. All enrolled transfer students will need to supply an official final high school transcript with graduation date or the equivalent before the start of classes.

UAlbany also participates in e-transcripts. If you’ve completed college-level work at a participating e-transcript institution, you may request to have your official transcript sent electronically from your institution directly to UAlbany.

UAlbany Application Fee Information

The non-refundable application fee is currently US$50. Submit the fee with your application, or request a fee waiver.

More Information:

- Admissions Requirements
- Dates & Deadlines
- Educational Opportunity Program
- Transfer Resources
- Transferring Credit
- Veterans Affairs

Important Forms

Mid-Semester Grade Report Form
- SUNY Paper Application