Rolling Fall, Spring, Summer
The application and all supporting materials must be submitted directly to The Graduate School at the University at Albany.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
- An undergraduate level course in mathematics (algebra) or statistics
For application specific questions, contact us at [email protected].
- WES evaluations for international transcripts. Evaluations are not required for Canadian transcripts if the language of instruction is English.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 100 (institution code: 2532), two semesters of full-time study at a US college or university, or completion of an undergraduate degree in a country where English is the official language and language of instruction
- Applicants on an F1 or J1 visa are not permitted to enroll in a fully online program, due to visa restrictions.
Required Application Materials
- Official transcripts from EVERY post-secondary academic institution attended, including college coursework completed during high school, must be sent directly from the institution to University at Albany Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Why do you wish to pursue this certificate and why are you interested in your chosen area of concentration?
- 1500 word limit
Current UAlbany students should login to MyUAlbany and follow these steps to apply:
- In the MyUAlbany portal, select the Graduate Education tab at the top of the page.
- At the bottom left of the page under Application and Graduation Information, select Supplemental Degree Application.
- Click on the Supplemental Degree Application icon.
- Click the Add To Cart button.
- Fill out the form. Select your current degree level and current program name. Make sure to enter "Graduate Certificate in Public Health Surveillance and Preparedness" in the Requested Supplemental Degree Program Name field and select CGS in the Requested Supplemental Degree dropdown menu.
- Click Continue to submit your supplemental application form.
- Select Checkout to submit your payment information.