- Interim Dean: Mary P. Gallant, PhD, MPH
- Associate Dean for Research: Erin M. Bell, PhD, MS
- Assistant Dean for Administration: Deborah Oriola, MBA
- Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs: Caitlin Reid, MS
- Assistant Dean for Evaluation and Planning: Benjamin Weaver, PhD, MBA
Academic Department Chairs
- Biomedical Sciences: Joseph Wade, PhD
- Environmental Health Sciences: David Lawrence, PhD
- Epidemiology & Biostatistics: Elizabeth Vásquez, DrPH
- Health Policy, Management and Behavior: Wendy Weller, PhD, MHS
The University at Albany School of Public Health is accredited through December 31, 2029 by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), an independent agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to accredit schools of public health.
During our re-accreditation process in 2022, we prepared a self study for review, which outlines our mission, evaluation, governance, and more as we work to provide defining experiences in public health. You can view our official accreditation report from CEPH.
Why attend a CEPH accredited school? Some employment options in the field are only open to graduates of CEPH accredited schools or programs, and some fellowships are only available to students attending CEPH accredited schools.
Number of Undergraduate Students
- 157 undergraduate students (Fall 2021)
- 58.5% Black, Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or 2 or more races (Fall 2021)
Number of Graduate Students
- 496 graduate students (Fall 2021)
- 23% Black, Hispanic, or 2 or more races; 32% non-white (including Asian), 12% international students (Fall 2021)
- Average core class size for graduate level: 26 students (Spring 2019)
- 99% MPH graduates employed or pursuing further education* (Fall 2021)
- 100% MS graduates employed or pursuing further education* (Fall 2021)
- 100% PhD graduates employed or pursuing further education* (Fall 2021)
- 100% DrPH graduates employed or pursuing further education* (Fall 2021)
*Based on data collected 12-18 months out from graduation by the School's Departments and SPH Admissions Office.