Dean: David R. Holtgrave, PhD
Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs: Mary P. Gallant, PhD, MPH
Associate Dean for Research: Benjamin Shaw, PhD, MPH
Associate Dean for Public Health Practice: Janine Jurkowski, PhD, MPH
Assistant Dean for Administration: Deborah Oriola, MBA
Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs: Caitlin Reid, MS
Academic Department Chairs:
Biomedical Sciences: Janice Pata, PhD
Environmental Health Sciences: David Lawrence, PhD
Epidemiology & Biostatistics: Recai Yucel, PhD, MA
Health Policy, Management and Behavior: Wendy Weller, PhD, MHS
The University at Albany School of Public Health is accredited through 2022 by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), an independent agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to accredit schools of public health.
During our re-accreditation process in 2014, we prepared a self-study for accreditation review. This study outlines our mission, evaluation, governance, and more as we work to provide defining experiences in public health.
Why attend a CEPH accredited school? Some employment options in the field are only open to graduates of CEPH accredited schools or programs, and some fellowships are only available to students attending CEPH accredited schools.
Number of Students
- 508 graduate students in degree and non-degree programs (Fall 2019)
- 149 undergraduate students (Fall 2019)
- 20% underrepresented minority students at the graduate level (2019)
- 14% international students (2018)
- 36 different countries represented by the SPH student body (2019)
- Average core class size: 26 students (Spring 2019)
- Average elective class size: 15 students (Fall 2018)