Study Abroad and Exchange Student Orientation Information
Pre-Arrival Checklist: Please complete the below tasks before you arrive at UAlbany. Click the links for more information.
Information on how to do so is available here
. Check your albany.edu email address regularly (at least twice a week). All official communication from the University will be sent to your UAlbany email.
Logging in the the University system requires 2-step verification. New students will use the DUO app for 2-step verification, for more information please click here
2. Orientation Registration
Fall 2021 International Orientation will take place August 15-August 21, 2021. This Orientation will include both virtual programming on Zoom and limited, optional in-person activities.
ISSS will provide limited complimentary transportation service reimbursement on August 15, 2021 from the Albany Airport, the Albany-Rensselaer Train Station, the Albany Bus Terminal, and select hotels
only. Students must save their receipt from their taxi and/or rideshare (Uber/Lyft) in order to be reimbursed. For more information and/or to sign-up, click here
Please review the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
Course registration and academic advisement will be finalized at Orientation with your advisors in the Education Abroad office.
3. Arrange for Housing & Review Quarantining & COVID Documentation Recommendations & Requirements
- On-campus housing is available through the Office of Residential Life. More information about on-campus housing is available here. On-campus housing assignments will be sent to your Albany.edu email address in August.
- New international students who will live on-campus may move-in starting at noon (12pm) on August 15th, 2021. Please follow the instructions provided by the Office of Residential Life. If you arrive before your scheduled move-in please arrange for a hotel.
- Students living on campus should follow all Residential Life instructions for move-in and health documentation/quarantine requirements, if applicable. This includes having any required COVID related documentation and submission of MMR immunization requirements at the time of move-in.
- If you will live off-campus please review our page on Off Campus Housing. Please do not arrive to the United States without a place to stay; make temporary accommodations as needed (such as a hotel).
- Please review the University's COVID-19 vaccination policies-- including quarantine, testing, and other safety measures-- prior to arrival. More information may be found here. The U.S. CDC is also requiring all air passengers to the U.S. to carry proof of a negative COVID test or recovery when entering the U.S.
- The Mandatory "Required Health Form must be turned in to Student Health Services by Orientation. Failure to meet this requirement will jeopardize your course registration. For help, please email [email protected]
- Students must also show documentation that they have met the MMR Requirement, requirement for TB Testing, and certify that they meet the meningitis requirement in MyUAlbany. More information on these requirements can be found here.
- Do this at least two weeks before arrival so that your ID card is ready for you to pick-up. If you are unable to pick-up a physical ID card that’s okay, you can keep a virtual ID card on your phone using the Mobile ID App. Click here to learn more and download the app: https://www.albany.edu/uas/mobile_id.php. Your ID Card gives you access to on-campus housing, dining plans, and other campus resources based on eligibility.
Once you have arrived to the United States, you should complete the New Student Arrival Eform, including uploading copies of your passport, visa, I-20/DS-2019, and I-94. The form and instructions are available here
To Review: Please review these Frequently Asked Questions. Click the link(s) to find more information.