Freshman Student Orientation Information
Pre-Arrival Checklist: Please complete the below tasks before you arrive at UAlbany
New students starting in Fall 2021: Please return to this checklist in May 2021 for the most up-to-date information.
Please note: students must pay their Enrollment deposit in order to access MyUAlbany and complete the steps below.
- Set Up Your MyUAlbany and University Email Account
- Information on how to do so is available here. Check your albany.edu email address at least twice a week before and after arrival. All official communication from the University will be sent to your UAlbany email.
- Logging in the the University system requires 2-step verification. New students will use the DUO app for 2-step verification, for more information please click here.
- Orientation Registration
- Register for Orientation. Orientation registration will open in May 2021.
- All of Orientation is mandatory. Freshmen must attend both International Student Orientation and Freshman Orientation.
- Fall 2021 International Orientation will take place August 15-August 21, 2021.
- This Orientation will be conducted in either an in-person and/or remote/distance format depending on COVID-19 health and safety concerns; students will be notified once a final determination is made.
- ISSS will provide limited complimentary transportation service on August 15, 2021. from the Albany Airport, the Albany-Rensselaer Train Station, the Albany Bus Terminal, and select hotels only. More information on sign-up will be provided this summer.
- While filling out the Orientation Registration form, you will be asked several questions about your academic plans in order to begin course registration. Course registration will be finalized at Orientation. To read more about course registration, please click here.
- If you encounter problems registering for Orientation, please contact Orientation and Transition Programs at [email protected]. To sign in for Orientation registration, you will use the email and password you created when you applied to the university.
- There is a New Student Fee that will be charged to your account. The New Student Fee is $255 for freshman students.
- Please review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
- Apply for Campus Housing and Review Quarantining & Health Requirements
- All freshmen are required to live on-campus for their first two years. Find information on housing sign-up here.
- Housing sign-up is done through the Office of Residential Life.
- Housing assignments will be sent to your Albany.edu email address.
- New international students may move-in starting at noon (12pm) on August 15th, 2021. If you are required to quarantine and will live on-campus please follow the instructions provided by the Office of Residential Life. If you arrive before your scheduled move-in please arrange for a hotel.
- Please review the University's Pre-Arrival and Arrival Quarantine and Testing requirements: https://www.albany.edu/covid-19/pre-arrival-requirements-students Students should also familiarize themselves with the NYS quarantine requirements for travelers from listed countries and U.S. states: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
- Students living on campus should follow all instructions from the Office of Residential Life about move-in and quarantine requirements. This includes having any required COVID related documentation and submission of MMR immunization requirements at the time of move-in. If you cannot arrange required testing prior to arrival to Albany please contact Student Health Services to make arrangements for required testing on move-in day prior to checking in with Residential Life.
- Submit your Mandatory "Required Health Form" to Student Health Services
- The Mandatory "Required Health Form" and MMR documentation must be turned in to Student Health Services before Orientation. Failure to meet this requirement will jeopardize your course registration. For help, please email [email protected]
- In addition to the form, students must also show documentation that they have met the MMR requirement, requirement for TB testing, and certify that they meet the meningitis requirement in MyUAlbany. More information on these requirements can be found here
- Upload your photo for your ID Card through MyUAlbany
- Upload your photo at least two weeks before arrival so that your ID card is ready for you. If you are unable to pick-up a physical ID card that’s okay, you can keep a virtual ID card on your phone using the Mobile ID App. Click here to learn more and download the app: https://www.albany.edu/uas/mobile_id.php. Your ID Card gives you access to on-campus housing, dining plans, and other campus resources based on eligibility.
- Log in to ISSS's Required Pre-Arrival Orientation on Blackboard
- More information on Pre-Arrival Orientation is available here.
- Please successfully complete the required assignment Pre-Arrival Orientation quiz before arrival.
- Post-Arrival: Complete the New Student Arrival EForm
- Once you have arrived to the United States, you should complete the New Student Arrival EForm, including uploading copies of your passport, visa, I-20, and I-94. The form and instructions are available here.
To Review: Please review these Frequently Asked Questions. Click the link(s) to find more information.