Freshman Student Orientation Information
*Information for Spring 2022 Arrivals To Be Posted Here Soon*
Pre-Arrival Checklist: Please complete the below tasks before you arrive at UAlbany
Please note: students must pay their Enrollment deposit in order to access MyUAlbany and complete the steps below.
- Set Up Your MyUAlbany and University Email Account
- Information on how to do so is available here. Check your albany.edu email address at least twice a week before and after arrival. All official communication from the University will be sent to your UAlbany email.
- Logging in the the University system requires 2-step verification. New students will use the DUO app for 2-step verification, for more information please click here.
- Review the Get Ready with ITS- New Student Guide to Technology at UAlbany for information on logging in, setting up your email and MyUAlbany accounts, Zoom, Blackboard, and more.
- Orientation Registration
- Click here to register for Orientation
- You must use your applicant email (not UAlbany email) when logging in to register.
- All of Orientation is mandatory. Freshmen must attend both International Student Orientation and Freshman Orientation.
- Fall 2021 International Orientation will take place August 15-August 21, 2021.
- This Orientation will include both virtual programming on Zoom and limited, optional in-person activities.
- ISSS will provide limited complimentary transportation service reimbursement on August 15, 2021 from the Albany Airport, the Albany-Rensselaer Train Station, the Albany Bus Terminal, and select hotels only. Students must save their receipt from their taxi and/or rideshare (Uber/Lyft) in order to be reimbursed. For more information and/or to sign-up, click here.
- While filling out the Orientation Registration form you will be asked several questions about your academic plans in order to begin course registration. Course registration will be finalized at Orientation with your academic advisor. To read more about course registration, please click here.
- As the University transitions back to in-person instruction, fully remote/online schedules will be limited to overseas students unable to enter the U.S. for the upcoming semester due to circumstances beyond their control, such as inability to obtain a visa, impeding timely travel for fall semester classes, or travel ban impositions. If you are unable to enter the U.S. this Fall 2021 to study in-person, please indicate your need for online courses on the academic section of your Orientation registration. Online schedules are limited and based on need.
- If you encounter problems registering for Orientation, please contact Orientation and Transition Programs at [email protected]. To sign in for Orientation registration, you will use the email and password you created when you applied to the university.
- There is a New Student Fee that will be charged to your account. The New Student Fee is $255 for freshman students.
- Please review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
- Apply for Campus Housing and Review Quarantining & COVID Documentation Requirements
- All freshmen are required to live on-campus for their first two years. Find information on housing sign-up here.
- Housing sign-up is done through the Office of Residential Life.
- Housing assignments will be sent to your Albany.edu email address.
- New international students may move-in starting at noon (12pm) on August 15th, 2021. If you are required to quarantine and will live on-campus please follow the instructions provided by the Office of Residential Life. If you arrive before your scheduled move-in please arrange for a hotel.
- Students living on campus should follow all Residential Life instructions for move-in and health documentation/quarantine requirements, if applicable. This includes having any required COVID related documentation and submission of MMR immunization requirements at the time of move-in.
- Please review the University's COVID-19 vaccination policies-- including quarantine, testing, and other safety measures-- prior to arrival. More information may be found here. The U.S. CDC is also requiring all air passengers to the U.S. to carry proof of a negative COVID test or recovery when entering the U.S.
- Submit your Mandatory "Required Health Form" to Student Health Services
- The Mandatory "Required Health Form" and MMR documentation must be turned in to Student Health Services before Orientation. Failure to meet this requirement will jeopardize your course registration. For help, please email [email protected]
- In addition to the form, students must also show documentation that they have met the MMR requirement, requirement for TB testing, and certify that they meet the meningitis requirement in MyUAlbany. More information on these requirements can be found here
- Upload your photo for your ID Card through MyUAlbany
- Upload your photo at least two weeks before arrival so that your ID card is ready for you. If you are unable to pick-up a physical ID card that’s okay, you can keep a virtual ID card on your phone using the Mobile ID App. Click here to learn more and download the app: https://www.albany.edu/uas/mobile_id.php. Your ID Card gives you access to on-campus housing, dining plans, and other campus resources based on eligibility.
- Log in to ISSS's Required Pre-Arrival Orientation on Blackboard
- More information on Pre-Arrival Orientation is available here.
- Please successfully complete the required assignment Pre-Arrival Orientation quiz before arrival.
- Post-Arrival: Complete the Fall 2021 Reporting EForm
- Once you have arrived to the United States, you should complete the Fall 2021 Reporting EForm, including uploading copies of your passport, visa, I-20, and I-94. The form and instructions are available here.
To Review: Please review these Frequently Asked Questions. Click the link(s) to find more information.