F-1 and J-1 students must update their SEVIS USA address within 10 days of moving to a new physical residence. 

On Campus Housing

On-campus housing is provided through the Department of Residential Life.  There are a variety of on-campus housing options available, including traditional residence halls and suites on the four Uptown campus quads (Indigenous, State, Dutch and Colonial) and apartment style residences.

Students admitted as freshmen are required to live on-campus for their first two years. There is also housing available for transfer students, and limited housing available for graduate students on campus.  New Students should refer to the New Student pages for additional information about on-campus housing.

Review UPD's (University Police Department) page on off-campus safety, even if you are residing on campus.

Off Campus Housing

It is the responsibility of the student living off campus to find housing.  Please use the resources below to make sure you are well-informed.  Students should be cautious before signing any lease because leases are legally binding.  Make sure that the housing is appropriate and read the lease in its entirety before signing.