Students must submit required health documentation to the University. Health documents must be submitted and approved by Student Health Services before a student can register for Orientation, enroll in classes, or sign up for on-campus housing. It is critical that you submit these documents as soon as possible or let ISSS know if you are having difficulty with completing these requirements. These documents can be submitted through the Student Health Documentation Portal in MyUAlbany or by emailing the documents to [email protected]. Requirements include:
- MMR Immunity: New York State Public Health Law requires college students to submit proof of immunity to the diseases measles, mumps and rubella (MMR). Please review the MMR documentation requirements and other information on Student Health Service's website.
- Meningitis Requirement: New York State Public Health Law requires college students to receive and acknowledge receipt of information on Meningitis. Students must read the Meningitis Disease Fact Sheet from the New York State Department of Health then log in to MyUAlbany and select the Meningitis link under the Required Agreements section.
- Required Health Form: The Required Health form must be completed by the student and does not require a physician evaluation. The form is found at the Pending Forms link on the Student Health Portal. The student will be notified if other tests are necessary to satisfy the Tuberculosis requirement. If Student Health Services determines you need to be tested for TB, you’ll receive an email with further instructions (please check your albany.edu email account). Please review the Health Form & TB documentation requirements and other information on Student Health Service's website.
- Permission to Treat Under 18: This form should be submitted for students who are under 18 years of age.
Spring 2024 International Student Orientation is required for all new students. It will begin online in November and continue in person Sunday, January 14, 2024 through Tuesday, January 16, 2024. Registration will open November 15 for students who have paid their enrollment deposit and submitted all required health forms.
You will attend international orientation sessions and University freshman/first year orientation sessions. Registering for Orientation is the first step to being assigned an academic advisor and registering for classes. An academic advisor will contact you after you register for Orientation to help you set up your class schedule. There is a New Student Fee that will be charged to your account for Freshmen/First Year Orientation.
You will attend international orientation sessions and University transfer orientation sessions. Registering for Orientation is the first step to being assigned an academic advisor and registering for classes. An academic advisor will contact you after you register for Orientation to help you set up your class schedule. There is a New Student Fee that will be charged to your account for Transfer Orientation.
- Graduate Students (Master's, PhD, & Graduate Certificate) - Register Here
You will attend international orientation sessions and any sessions organized by your academic department. Please contact the academic advisor listed on your acceptance letter to register for classes.
You will attend international orientation sessions and are also welcome to attend the University's transfer student orientation sessions as well. Exchange students have the option to attend University Transfer Orientation as well. Please work with your advisor, Jacqueline Ledermann, to register for classes.
If you encounter problems registering for Orientation please contact Orientation and Transition Programs at [email protected]. To sign in for Orientation you will use the email and password you created when you applied to the university.
Housing assignments will be sent to your Albany.edu email address in early January. New international students living on campus may move in the morning of Sunday, January 14 as long as they have completed all health requirements prior to move in. If you arrive before your move-in date please arrange for a hotel.
- Students living off-campus should review our page on Off Campus Housing
- ISSS cannot arrange off-campus housing for students; students must find their own housing.
- Please be sure to have accommodation before arriving to Albany. You may need to use a temporary accommodation (like a hotel or other short term rental) while looking for a place to live.
International Online Orientation will cover a different important topic each week. The Online Orientation will take place from November-January. Students are expected to complete all components of Online Orientation prior to arrival for in-person Orientation on January 14, 2024. Here are access instructions and the weekly schedule.