Office of Applied Learning
Student Assistant for Applied Learning Job Description
Office: Applied Learning/Academic Programs and Planning Unit: Academic Affairs
Title: Graduate Student Assistant for Applied Learning
Payroll title: Student Assistant
Reports to: Program Assistant, SUNY Applied Learning
Works with: Office of Applied Learning
Academic Affairs/Academic Programs and Planning Provost's Office
External Relationships: Campus Applied Learning representatives
Position Summary: The Graduate Student Assistant for Applied Learning is a part time position in the Office of Applied Learning.
The Student Assistant will play a critical role in supporting the SUNY applied learning initiative with a focus on civic and community engagement. This work will require working with existing SUNY Administration offices and SUNY campuses.
The Student Assistant will build on existing program work, research best practices, and help plan events and meetings.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Civic Engagement Community of Practice, including taking the lead on creating the Constitution Day publication.
- Conduct research for the publication of the Applied Learning Newsletter "The Umbrella" and coordinate the design and publication of the newsletter.
- Serve as the lead for Poetry Out Loud, National Intern Day, 30 Days of Giving, and website updates.
- Support applied learning events and meetings, including the annual conference.
- Conduct research to support/advance office projects and goals.
- Participate in data collection and analysis as needed.
- Attend various meetings/conference calls convened within the Office of Applied Learning.
- Other projects as assigned.
Graduate students must be enrolled full-time to be eligible. This position is for 20 hours/week, and the pay is $14/hour. Interested candidates
should send their cover letter and resume to Laura Trottier, Program Assistant for SUNY Applied
Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions regarding this position should also be directed to Laura.