Program of Study
The geography department has a strong reputation for providing advanced training in remote sensing, spatial statistics, cartography, programming, and data analysis.
The master’s curriculum includes a full introduction to remote sensing and GPS applications as well as a comprehensive introduction to GIS programming in Python.
- Spatial Statistics
- Remote Sensing I
- Remote Sensing II
- Advanced Cartography
- Advanced GIS
- Seminar in Geographic Information Systems
Choose five of the following courses:
- Research Design
- Ecological Modeling
- GIS for Social Sciences
- Landscape Ecology
- Fundamentals of Applied Global Positioning Systems
- Seminar in Remote Sensing of the Environment
- Graduate Internship in Geography
- Independent Study in Geography
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Public Health
Capstone: GIS Project Development
In the capstone course, you integrate what you’ve learned throughout the program and solve a real but small-scale problem using your knowledge of and skills in cartography, GPS, GIS, or remote sensing.
For more information, contact Rui Li at [email protected].