Master's Research Requirement
Your research requirement can be met through independent study, contributions to faculty research, internship projects, or any combination of work in these categories.
Common research projects include field and lab studies of organisms of interest in conservation, data analysis for environmental conservation organizations, and assessment of New York State conservation policy and activities.
Sample internship placements:
- Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission
- New York State Coastal Management Program
- New York State Museum
- New York State Natural Heritage Program
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historical Preservation
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- The Nature Conservancy
- UAlbany Office of Sustainability
- U.S. Geological Service
- Other land conservancies and regional conservation organizations
See the Graduate Bulletin for details.
For more information, contact Dr. Andrei Lapenas at 518-442-4191 or [email protected].