GIS certificate courses give you first-hand experience using computer-based spatial data systems to retrieve and process geographic information and present it in digital maps and other visual formats.
The five-course curriculum teaches you how to use geographic mapping technologies to:
- Respond to urban emergencies
- Track environmental change
- Predict natural disasters
- Identify emerging social issues
- Study socioeconomic and market trends
By the end of the program, you’ll be ready to support mapping projects in natural resource management, agriculture, archeology, environmental protection, forestry, or urban planning.
- Statistical Methods
- Geographic Information Systems
- Remote Sensing II
- Advanced Cartography
- Seminar in Geographic Information Systems
See the Graduate Bulletin for details.
For more information, contact Dr. Rui Li at [email protected].