Rabi Ann Musah
Postdoctoral Training, Scripps Research Institute
PhD, University of Arkansas
Professor Rabi Ann Musah serves as Associate Vice Provost for Learning Commons.
She teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in organic chemistry, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry and forensics chemistry, as well as sub-disciplines of these areas.
She has a demonstrated and strong commitment to facilitating student learning and accommodating different learning styles in the classroom.
Her research interests are in the areas of medicinal organosulfur natural products, plant chemical defense, and forensics analysis of plants.
She brings to CARSS her experience in teaching, pedagogy, mentoring, student advising, networking, project management and fund raising.
Bioorganic Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Forensic Chemistry, STEM Education
Research Website: Musah Group
- Psychoactive plant drugs
- Plant chemical defense mechanisms
- Biosynthesis of organosulfer compounds
- Plant organosulfur emissions and their Impact on the environment
- Organosulfur materials chemistry
- Development of bacterial quorum sensing and biofilm inhibitors
- Development of innovations in ambient ionization mass spectrometry by DART-MS
- Pedagogical innovations in STEM education and STEM transfer student assimilation
- Retroviral Nucleic acid/protein interactions
- Bioorganic Chemistry
- Plant Biochemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Analytical/Forensic Chemistry
- STEM Education