Instructional Support Specialist
Department of Biological Sciences
Areas of Interest
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Molecular Neurobiology
- Lakshminarayanan Ananthakrishnan, Christine Gervasi and Ben G. Szaro (2008) Dynamic regulation of middle neurofilament (NF-M) RNA pools during optic nerve regeneration. Neuroscience153: 144-153.
- Yuanyuan Liu, Christine Gervasi, and Ben G. Szaro (2008) A crucial role for hnRNP K in axon development in Xenopus laevis. Development 135: 3125- 3135.
- Andrew Smith, Christine Gervasi and Ben G. Szaro (2006) Neurofilament content is correlated with branch length in developing collateral branches of Xenopus spinal cord neurons. Neuroscience Letters 403: 283-287.
- Christine Gervasi and Ben G. Szaro (2004) Performing functional studies of Xenopus laevis intermediate filament proteins through injection of macromolecules into early embryos. Methods in Cell Biology 78: 673-701.
- Christine Gervasi, Amar Thyagarajan and Ben G. Szaro (2003) Increased expression of multiple neurofilament mRNAs during regeneration of vertebrate central nervous system axons. The Journal of Comparative Neurology 461: 262-275.
- Jason R. Roosa, Christine Gervasi and Ben G. Szaro (2000) Structure, biological activity of the upstream regulatory sequence, and conserved domains of a middle molecular mass neurofilament gene of Xenopus laevis. Molecular Brain Research 82: 35-51.
- Christine Gervasi, Caro-Beth Stewart and Ben G. Szaro (2000) Xenopus laevis peripherin (XIF3) is expressed in radial glia and proliferating neural epithelial cells as well as in neurons. The Journal of Comparative Neurology 423: 512-531.
- Christine Gervasi and Ben G. Szaro (1997) Sequence and expression patterns of two forms of the middle molecular weight neurofilament protein (NF-M) of Xenopus laevis. Molecular Brain Research48: 229-242.
- Christine Gervasi and Ben G. Szaro (1995) The Xenopus laevis homologue to the neuronal cyclin-dependent kinase (cdk5) is expressed in embryos by gastrulation. Molecular Brain Research 33: 192-200.