While staff in the Registrar's Office are not physically present in the office, you may still place orders for official transcripts. Please be advised that order processing may be delayed, especially requests for archived transcripts (records from prior to 1990). Additionally, in-person pick up services are not currently available.
We are taking every reasonable step to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus to protect the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and families.
Any questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your patience while we continue to serve you in alternate ways.
University at Albany transcripts contain a record of all courses, grades, and degrees obtained from the University at Albany at the undergraduate and graduate level, if applicable.
Transcripts are a permanent, irrevocable record of all courses, credits, and final grades accumulated through the University at Albany by the individual student.
In addition, credit hours accepted from other institutions are listed on University at Albany transcripts as the total credit hours accepted alongside the name(s) of the institution(s) at which they were earned. Transcripts submitted to the University at Albany from other institutions for admission or credit become property of the University at Albany and will not be returned to the student or forwarded to other institutions under any circumstances. Students in need of these external transcripts must request them from the individual institutions they have attended.
The University at Albany has enlisted the services of Credentials Solutions, Inc. to offer our students and alumni the convenience of requesting official transcripts via a secure website. The TranscriptsPlus® system uses current web encryption technology, ensuring that your information is secure.
Transcripts can be requested online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using any computer with internet access and any major credit/debit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover). Please note: when requesting records from prior to 1990, it may take significantly longer to process your order.
The following delivery methods are available:
- Mail Delivery. First class mail and FedEx options are available. The transcript will be mailed 2-3 business days after the order is authorized and completed.
- Electronic Delivery. Requests must be authorized and completed before the transcript will be sent electronically.
- • This option is not guaranteed for delivery after 4pm EST.
- • Electronic transcript delivery may take 2-3 business days if:
- -Sending to a SUNY school.
- -The student earned study abroad credit.
- -The student is providing an attachment to be sent with the transcript.
- -The transcript order was submitted on the weekend.
- -Student record is from prior to 1990.
Ordering Official Transcripts
An official University at Albany transcript may only be sent at the request of the student for his or her own academic record. TRANSCRIPTS CANNOT BE ISSUED FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE HOLDS ON THEIR RECORDS. UAlbany students applying for admission into Graduate programs at UAlbany do not need to request an official copy of their UAlbany transcript. Also, students who took classes through the University in the High School Program with UAlbany and are applying to UAlbany for admission do not need to request an official copy of their UAlbany transcript.
1. Electronic Transcripts*
- PDF transcripts delivered to participant
- Download of PDF by third-party recipients
- Delivery in electronic data format (EDI/XML) to select partner institutions
*Electronic Transcript Certificate of Authenticity
The PDF transcript produced using this service contains identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company's website that is provided during the delivery process. Credentials Solutions, Inc. has been granted the authority to fulfill all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of the University at Albany and respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions.
2. Status updates – If there is a problem in processing your request, you will be notified via e-mail as well as receive updates via text message AND receive CONFIRMATION when your order has been completed.
3. Hold for grades and degrees – you can tell us to hold your request until AFTER your current semester’s grades are available or wait until your degree has been posted to your record.
4. Notarization –
- Regular transcripts are already official and most transcripts do not need to be notarized.
- Only select this option if a notarization is required by the recipient. Please visit our page on Notarized Transcripts or Diplomas for more information.
- Same day pickup, 2-3 day pickup, and electronic delivery are not available for this type of request.
In order to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), all transcript orders require authorization. UAlbany provides the following procedure(s) to authorize transcript orders:
1. Your order can be authorized by signing the Authorization Form that is available on the Credentials Self-ServicePlus portal. You need to sign the Authorization Form and return it via fax, mail, or you may upload it into the Credentials Self-ServicePlus portal.
2. The University at Albany provides an additional method to automatically authorize your order if:
- A specific number of fields in your order such as Student ID, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth match the information in the University's records;
- The billing name on the credit/debit card used to pay for your order matches both the student name on the order and the student name in the University's records.
Checking the records at the University at Albany is a process that occurs after your order has been submitted. If your order is successfully authorized, you will be notified of that fact. If unable to automatically authorize your order, you will be prompted to visit the Credentials Self-ServicePlus portal
, where you will need to print an Authorization Form. You must sign and return the form via fax, mail, or by uploading it into the Credentials Self-ServicePlus portal before your transcript order can be completed.
*Authorization forms are not processed on weekends and some holidays. Information about transcript delays due to holidays will be posted on the TranscriptsPlus® ordering website. These transcript delays should be taken into account when placing your transcript order as they may add to the amount of time it takes for your order to complete.
Transcript Order Options
Transcript requests must be successfully authorized and completed before they are ready for the delivery/pick up option that was selected in the ordering process.
How do you know your transcript was successfully authorized and completed?
You will receive a series of e-mails indicating the three statuses below:
1. Transcript Order Receipt
3. Completed the processing of your transcript order
- If you do not need to sign and send an authorization form, you will receive an e-mail that states “we have automatically authorized your order and no signature is required.”
- If you need to sign and send an authorization form, one of two scenarios can occur:
- 1) After you submit your transcript order, you will receive an order number and you will also receive an additional action message. The message prompts you to visit the Credentials Self-ServicePlus application where you will be prompted to download and print the authorization form. You may either mail or fax the authorization form to Credentials Solutions, or you may upload it into the Credentials Self-ServicePlus application. After the authorization form is received and processed, you will receive an e-mail stating, "This is to inform you that the Registrar's Office has received the signed authorization form for your transcript order."
- 2) You will receive an e-mail that states "Your transcript order placed with the University at Albany, SUNY requires authorization before it can be processed." The authorization form will be attached to this e-mail. The student must sign and return the form via fax, mail, or by uploading it into the Credentials Self-ServicePlus application. After the authorization form is received and processed, you will receive an e-mail stating, "This is to inform you that the Registrar's Office has received the signed authorization form for your transcript order."
*Additional e-mails may be received if the student has a hold on their record, no academic record can be found, if the sender has indicated that an attachment must be included, and/or if we are unable to charge your credit card. It is important to know that a transcript order is not complete until e-mails have been received stating the transcript order has been authorized and another e-mail is received stating the transcript order has been completed.