‘University at Albany Week’ Airs on WAMC’s The Academic Minute
ALBANY, N.Y. (March 2, 2021) – Albany’s WAMC Northeast Public Radio featured five UAlbany faculty members last month for “University at Albany Week” on The Academic Minute.
Hosted by Lynn Pasquerella, President of the Association of American Colleges and Universities, The Academic Minute features a two-and-a-half-minute segment each day from professors at different colleges/universities around the world, keeping listeners abreast of what's new and exciting in higher education research.
University at Albany Week:
- Monday, Feb. 15: Food Waste, featuring Beth Feingold, School of Public Health.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16: Public Guide to COVID-19 Retweets, featuring Jeannette Sutton, College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security and Cybersecurity
- Wednesday, Feb. 17: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Testing Methods, featuring Bijan Dey, The RNA Institute and the Department of Biological Sciences
- Thursday, Feb. 18: A New Age of Discovery, featuring Mustafa Aksoy, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Friday, Feb. 19: Artificial Intelligence, featuring Theresa Pardo, CTG UAlbany
The Academic Minute airs on 70 NPR-affiliated stations in the United States and Canada and is also shared online via Inside Higher Education. It is produced locally by WAMC’s David Hopper.